• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stryis' text message attack on Mark Richardson

open365

International Vice-Captain
I think both sides come of as looking pretty damn pathetic after reading that article.

Richardson received the texts in the middle of the night and later forwarded an informal complaint to New Zealand Cricket's chief executive, Justin Vaughan, who is attending the International Cricket Council board meeting in Dubai and was not available for comment, and also spoke to Players' Association manager Heath Mills.

Not entirely sure that was the right move on Richardsons part, just makes him look like a grass.

Though Stryis' comments were just absurd and completely unwarranted, Richardson made some very valid points, I think it's an absolute joke than any professional sportsman could react the way he did, wtf was he thinking, the fact Richardson is a former team mate should have nothing to do with it as he didn't take advantage of his former position as a player at all.

ret

International Debutant
it's never a good idea to sent unacceptable messages .... and from what i read, Richardson was within his rights to make his opinion .... though i hope that no big deal is made out of this and the matter dies

Flem274*

123/5
Oh dear, brain explosion for Styris. Its sad not only because its team-mate on team-mate but Styris hasn't come accross as a bad bloke in his career and he's been, and still is, a good servant of NZ cricket and is an invaluable senior player in our kindergarten aged side. Now he'll probably have a black mark next to his name now.

Though hopefully it'll all be forgotten when some more NZ sportspeople go and get hammered on the turps and do something dumb.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Oh dear, brain explosion for Styris. Its sad not only because its team-mate on team-mate but Styris hasn't come accross as a bad bloke in his career and he's been, and still is, a good servant of NZ cricket and is an invaluable senior player in our kindergarten aged side. Now he'll probably have a black mark next to his name now.

Though hopefully it'll all be forgotten when some more NZ sportspeople go and get hammered on the turps and do something dumb.
You can bet Jesse Ryder will do something like that :ph34r:

Laurrz

International Debutant
What ruined it for me a bit was that Richardson new before hand what Fleming was going to say, I think it would have been a lot funnier if he had no idea what was going on.

But still it's a hillarious video.
awta

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
As far as I'm concerned Richardson did nothing wrong. His Murali-Sanga comparison makes perfect sense, and he had every right to go to NZC board or whatever.

Styris comes out looking like a goose. Bet he's regretting such a move.

I thought the article was going to be a huge criticism of NZ's playing style and talent or something. But all Richardson commented on was the incident. Wow. Soft Styris, grow a thicker skin.

Flem274*

123/5
The text sounded like it was sent by a drunk.

Piggo is a good bloke, reckon its the Australian coming out in him. :p

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I can't see how this all became public. Pretty ridiculous really.

Why would Richardson report a text message, ffs.
Surely if he wanted to keep it out of the public eye he would have talked to Styris about it, not gone and cried to NZC.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They had an interview with Richardson on the news earlier and asked him if him and Styris were good mates when they played.

Richardson's answer made it fairly clear (without saying it openly) that they didn't get on. Something like, "Well, we were team mates"