• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the bits-and-pieces players

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This is my first attempt at starting one. They appear useless, but sometimes come useful in a match. Let's make the list. There may be some gems in these.
  1. James Hopes
  2. Shane Lee
  3. Ian Harvey
  4. Matthew Fleming
  5. Dougie Brown
  6. Ronnie Irani
  7. Adam Hollioake
  8. Dermot Reeve
  9. Dmitri Mascarenhas
  10. Abid Ali
  11. Roger Binny
  12. Andre Adams
  13. Azhar Mahmood
  14. Zander de Bruyn
  15. Justin Kemp
  16. Dilhara Lokuhettige
  17. Hashantha Fernando
  18. Gayan Wijekoon
  19. Dwayne Smith
  20. Darren Sammy
  21. Ryan Hinds
More to come.

Edit: Added a few

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ronnie Irani
Adam Hollioake
Gloucs allrounder who played in Aus during the 1998/99 odis

open365

International Vice-Captain
Abul Razzaq
Shahid Afridi
Scott Styris maybe? I've always considered him a bits and pieces player

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Dermott Reeve
Ealham
Chris Harris
Rod Latham
Tell me what you know about Rod Latham. Harris was an under-rated bowler for New Zealand, while there are some who think Ealham was one who could have been one of England's greatest ODI bowlers.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This thread is a JOKE. Roger Binny wasn't a bits and pieces player and its just sheer ignorance to call him one and compare him with the likes of Ronnie Irani.

Arjun, you should stick to your 6 hitting posts.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This thread is a JOKE. Roger Binny wasn't a bits and pieces player and its just sheer ignorance to call him one and compare him with the likes of Ronnie Irani.

Arjun, you should stick to your 6 hitting posts.
You can't get enough of disagreeing with me, can you?

Julian87

State Captain
Andre Adams is an opening bowler, and the best one in NZ besides Shane Bond. Now thir best two bowlers are rotting away in India, well in Bracewell.

Anyway, back on track:

Shahid Afridi for sure
Cullen Bailey

edging back a bit, the king of them

Khaled Mahmud

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Something confuses me. The best bits and pieces player becomes an all rounder, no?

IMO,any player who is not capable of making a top quality side on the basis of one of the two main disciplines & plays as an "allrounder" is a bits & pieces player.Some of them are:

Shahid Afridi
Irfan Pathan
Shoaib Malik
Abdur Razzaq
Manoj Prabhakar
Azhar Mahmood
Andrew Hall
Adam Hallioake
Mark Ealham
Liam Plunket
Shane Watson
Dwayne Bravo
Ajit Agarkar
Farveez Maharoof
Jacob Oram

and most of Bangladeshi & some other players.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Something confuses me. The best bits and pieces player becomes an all rounder, no?
For me, mediocre with both bat and ball.

IMO,any player who is not capable of making a top quality side on the basis of one of the two main disciplines & plays as an "allrounder" is a bits & pieces player.Some of them are:

Shahid Afridi
Irfan Pathan
Shoaib Malik
Abdur Razzaq
Manoj Prabhakar
Azhar Mahmood
Andrew Hall
Adam Hallioake
Mark Ealham
Liam Plunket
Shane Watson
Ian Bravo
Ajit Agarkar
Farveez Maharoof
Jacob Oram

and most of Bangladeshi & some other players.
I think you have the wrong idea.