• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 16th to 29th June

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, we have a two-week lot this week folks - due to some amount of laze on the part of not a few Award-givers, myself included.

Congratulations to the following:

:unsure:

The CW Awards Team

roseboy64 (Milestones & Jeff Thomson)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
Position vacant (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh/Lillee)
Son Of Coco (Skull)
SJS (Agarkar/Mohammed)
PhoenixFire (Jimmy Adams & FIAB)

All Awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net. PLEASE NOMINATE guys, we judges don’t read every thread and it’s easy to miss hugely worthy stuff.

Best Of The Best

The Shahid Afridi Award (Best post of the week)
Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long to be great viewing.
And the Winner is: Burgey for this, not that Sean agrees, but well argued he thinks.

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: Arjun for this, again Sean isn’t sure he agrees with all those nominated but a quality thread.

The Garfield Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week)
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winner is: pasag (he will be pleased I put his posting-ID I’m sure :dry:), been around and about the last couple of weeks.

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week)
We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he knew twice as much as Richie.
And the Winner is: Prince EWS, top-quality as mostly, the easy standout in the last couple of weeks.

The Agarkar/Mohammed Award (“At least they’re trying” award)
Just like Ajit Agarkar and Dave Mohammed, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them.
And the Winner is: zaremba, pretty quiet so far, but SJS has certainly noticed you. Good stuff, and I’m sure we all want to see more.

The Gatting-vs-Rana Award (Best debate of the week)
Who will ever forget Mike Gatting vs. Shakoor Rana in 1987/88? The best and worst “debate” ever (in equal measure) to grace the cricket World.
And the Winners are: Mard, Prince EWS, silentstriker and steds for this, no abuse? What is happening to CC?

Please remember, these Awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Think will Shaun Marsh be better than his faster was better than which current players.. :P

steds

Hall of Fame Member
The Gatting-vs-Rana Award (Best debate of the week)
Who will ever forget Mike Gatting vs. Shakoor Rana in 1987/88? The best and worst “debate” ever (in equal measure) to grace the cricket World.
And the Winners are: Mard, Prince EWS, silentstriker and steds for this, no abuse? What is happening to CC?
Wrong link, I assume. No debate. No Mard. No me.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Flattered to win an award for that two week window, esp. when the post was back in May :).

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to all winners, and a big thank you to the judges.

Hoping to nab myself an award soon, thought I may have came close this week. Lack of decent posts one suspects.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Much appreciated.

I've really enjoyed being more active on CW again over the last month and it's always great to get praise for doing something you enjoy doing.. especially three times in two award periods. :p

BTW, the Afridi still hasn't been added to the list of awards archie gives out.

Richard said:
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the awards team feels the need to do an ICC and revisit the result, I'll be disappointed, but nonetheless happy because apparently I'll have some bizarre sense of holding the moral high ground.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've been thinking it might be a not-terrible idea to make these awards monthly. Weekly certainly doesn't seem to be working.