• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Glen Chapple-Haddlee Series ODI

Br1ng1t

Cricket Spectator
On Feburay 20th 2007 The 3rd Chapple Haddlee Series ODI, Seddon Park Hamilton Was When New Zealand Pulled Off One Of The Most Amazing Victories Ever Seen, I Was Luckey Enough To Be At That Game As Well.

New Zealand Batting
L Vincent c Hogg b Tait 11 25 13 2 0 84.61
SP Fleming c Hodge b Tait 9 15 11 2 0 81.81
LRPL Taylor c & b Bracken 11 15 12 1 0 91.66
SB Styris c Haddin b Johnson 0 18 7 0 0 0.00
PG Fulton c Hussey b Watson 51 48 40 6 3 127.50
CD McMillan b Watson 117 138 96 13 5 121.87
BB McCullum not out 86 149 91 5 2 94.50
JEC Franklin c Voges b Johnson 2 6 5 0 0 40.00
DR Tuffey c Haddin b Johnson 8 11 8 1 0 100.00
MR Gillespie run out (Voges) 28 20 15 3 0 186.66
JS Patel not out

New Zealand Bowling
DR Tuffey 10 0 68 1 6.80
JEC Franklin 10 0 43 0 4.30
MR Gillespie 10 0 83 2 8.30 (2nb)
JS Patel 10 0 70 2 7.00 (1w)
SB Styris 8 0 52 0 6.50
CD McMillan 2 0 28 0 14.00

Austilan Batting
ML Hayden not out 181 227 166 11 10 109.03
SR Watson lbw b Patel 68 104 69 8 0 98.55
BJ Haddin c Vincent b Tuffey 38 65 31 4 1 122.58
BJ Hodge b Patel 12 17 10 0 1 120.00
MEK Hussey c McCullum b Gillespie 13 13 8 0 1 162.50
CL White c Styris b Gillespie 13 8 8 0 2 162.50
AC Voges not out 16 15 10 0 1 160.00
Extras (b 1, lb 1, w 1, nb 2) 5
Total (5 wickets; 50 overs; 227 mins) 346 (6.92 runs per over)

Austrilan Bowling

Bowling O M R W Econ
NW Bracken 9.3 0 44 1 4.63 (3w)
SW Tait 10 0 60 2 6.00 (3w)
MG Johnson 10 0 81 3 8.10 (2w)
SR Watson 10 0 88 2 8.80 (1nb, 1w)
GB Hogg 7 0 40 0 5.71 (1w)
AC Voges 3 0 33 0 11.00

Result New Zealand won by 1 wicket (with 3 balls remaining)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What a waste of a thread.

If you really wanted to discuss this, just bump the thread for this series.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's his second ever post. How the hell should he even know one exists, let alone how to find it?

The_Bunny

State Regular
Yeah, was a pretty awesome game, Matty Hayden was awesome, then NZ to win from where they were O_o

And give they guy a break Richo, Seriously if ****ing ****s me off how some of the long time members attack newer members over things like this..
Get off your ****ing high horse and give them some breathing space :blowup:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
For crying out loud, being a new member does NOT mean you should just go in and post some irrelevant nonsense as an early post. Actually try looking around a bit rather than just jumping in there.

Posting a set of scores is more than odd TSTL.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For crying out loud, being a new member does NOT mean you should just go in and post some irrelevant nonsense as an early post. Actually try looking around a bit rather than just jumping in there.

Posting a set of scores is more than odd TSTL.
Get over it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Honestly, you just sprayed the **** out of a new member for the worst reason. He wasn't spamming, he wasn't plugging his website.

You're not king of CW Richard.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm aware of that. I don't see any point in posting a set of scores as a thread though - new poster or established. So I'll call it as I see it. It's a waste of a thread IMO.

Given the fact that every single comment (apart from Smith's single-smiley Laugh) so far has been directed at my post rather than the thread-starting one, that suggests I was probably right to think it a waste of a thread.

I don't see that being a new poster gives anyone the right to basically spam-up the place.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Greatest ODI series I've ever seen ITBT.

Will never forget Bond's caught and bowled dismissal of Cameron White, nor the memory of him running through the Australian batting line-up in the 1st ODI.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good work Br!nG!t.

Voges has fallen a bit in the pecking order hasn't he.

I mentioned this in the Shaun Marsh thread the other day, but he's dropped at least 4 or 5 down the pecking order.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good work Br!nG!t.

Voges has fallen a bit in the pecking order hasn't he.

I mentioned this in the Shaun Marsh thread the other day, but he's dropped at least 4 or 5 down the pecking order.
Probably because he didn't play IPL. Suspect he'll come back into the consciousness when he fires up for WA later in the year.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I'm aware of that. I don't see any point in posting a set of scores as a thread though - new poster or established. So I'll call it as I see it. It's a waste of a thread IMO.

Given the fact that every single comment (apart from Smith's single-smiley Laugh) so far has been directed at my post rather than the thread-starting one, that suggests I was probably right to think it a waste of a thread.

I don't see that being a new poster gives anyone the right to basically spam-up the place.
So just politely let the new poster know that a thread exists and show him/her how to find it. No need for the attitude. It doesn't matter if you think the thread is a waste or not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I suppose my opening post is more harsh than it needs to be, I'll give you that.

BTW, could someone fix the thread title? Or, better still, merge it?

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
This was sort of like the 434 match, went from being the best game ever to the worst game ever in like two hours. Worst ODI series as an Aussie fan, though it was all forgotten a few months later :D