• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Emerging Players Tournament, 2008

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Not a bad score, but if Anderson can get going this will be an easy target. Hope Watling do something with the bat.

Flem274*

123/5
Love it how someone my age is the star player. Aren't us current batch of New Zealand youth meant to be the lost generation that need to be controlled by the righteous elders with stun collars? :p

Flem274*

123/5
Not a bad score, but if Anderson can get going this will be an easy target. Hope Watling do something with the bat.
What we need in an Ingram century
an Ingram century
an Ingram century
an Ingram century

PINGA PINGA PINGA!!! OI OI OI!!!

Yup, best chant, even if it does lack in creativity.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
*J Ryder c U Khawaja b G Sullivan 36
M Guptill b A Raymond 41
P Ingram c D Warner b T Doropoulos 27
N Broom c D Warner b G Sullivan 62
B Watling not out 32
C Anderson c S Wagh b G Sullivan 4
J Fraklin c U Khawaja b S O'Keefe 4
B Hiini not out 0
+B Griggs dnb
B Scott dnb
B Arnel dnb
T Boult dnb
Extras (4nb,1w,2b,2lb) 9
Total 6/215
Overs 41

Tight if they loose another quick wicket...

Leslie1

U19 Captain
so we win.... yee haw.... I'm still gutted Champions Trophy won't be the next time we see Ryder and Franklin in action... but this is good. 8-)

Flem274*

123/5
Arnel and Boult aren't much with the bat off memory. Need these two to pull through with Scott the only one still capable to come.

Not much more, come on lads!

Flem274*

123/5
so we win.... yee haw.... I'm still gutted Champions Trophy won't be the next time we see Ryder and Franklin in action... but this is good. 8-)
That could well be to our advantage. Franklin is still not 100% iirc and Ryders form has been erratic. A bit more time for both could be handy.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Surprising the Aussies didn't go with a full strength side for full and kept experimenting. The Aussies side was made basically of fringe state players FTR.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So good to see Drops having a top tournament. One of my favourite batsmen.

Australia have done extremely well to make the final considering their line-up. Good times.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Because they only had one player in their squad that hadn't played first-class cricket. Went to the game today. Was thoroughly impressed with Broom again. I can't believe he's not playing test cricket.

Jesse Ryder on the other hand is a ****. Was trying to get lippy after the AIS dismissed him, to which the Australians just responded "get off the field you idiot". He was muttering for the rest of the day. Biggest slob. Probably the only guy who can truthfully say, "I'm an international cricketer" and no-one would want to sleep with him.

O'Keefe looked very accomplished with the bat. Of the bowlers I thought Scott was very clever for NZ and saved a lot of runs at the death by not allowing the batsmen to get under the ball. If the Australians had done the same I wouldn't have had to fetch so many balls from the carpark.

brockley

International Captain
Where was moises henriques injured?:dry:
With the big pull outs for the icc kncokouts trophy,wouldn't be surprised to see some call ups for their national teams from this comp.
Dotopoulos could be a chance.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I vote yes.
You'll never get one on me you elder ****! :p

:laugh: How did NZ win an emerging players tournament?
The same way the Marshalls get into NZ rep teams.

Because they only had one player in their squad that hadn't played first-class cricket. Went to the game today. Was thoroughly impressed with Broom again. I can't believe he's not playing test cricket..
He's not willing to do Bracewell the favours certain shrubby haired players were prepared to. Thats my theory.

Jesse Ryder on the other hand is a ****..
Are you sure?

Probably the only guy who can truthfully say, "I'm an international cricketer" and no-one would want to sleep with him.
Thats why he goes to bars.

Anyway, in important news, NEW ZEALAND ACTUALY ****ING WON SOMETHING!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

brockley

International Captain
Am enthused with these youngsters from australia the majority are not in any team,so to get to the final and be competitive against these more xperienced sides is super,especially india A.
Future is good..
The side that made the finals 2 years ago was quite experienced,made up of mostly state players,and this wasn't.
Good signs for the future,hope these players will be that prolific in state cricket,we need a bit of a lift in that department.

Polo23

International Debutant
Because they only had one player in their squad that hadn't played first-class cricket. Went to the game today. Was thoroughly impressed with Broom again. I can't believe he's not playing test cricket.

Jesse Ryder on the other hand is a ****. Was trying to get lippy after the AIS dismissed him, to which the Australians just responded "get off the field you idiot". He was muttering for the rest of the day. Biggest slob. Probably the only guy who can truthfully say, "I'm an international cricketer" and no-one would want to sleep with him.

O'Keefe looked very accomplished with the bat. Of the bowlers I thought Scott was very clever for NZ and saved a lot of runs at the death by not allowing the batsmen to get under the ball. If the Australians had done the same I wouldn't have had to fetch so many balls from the carpark.
I'm pretty sure everyone is aware Ryder is a wanker.

From what I have seen of Broom he looks very good, I thought he was going to get a callup a year or so ago after a fantastic season but it never came. He is still pretty young though.

How did Trent Boult look? Last time I saw him he was bowling 135k's and he was only 17. Was he bowling quick?

Actually, the only guy who could really call himself an international cricket would be Franklin, Ryder hasnt even played a test.