• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20 years of Jayasuriya and Tendulkar

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll be surprised if I'm still here after the first session of the first Test.
As will most of the rest of us.

I'm almost certain that you won't make the whole Test series, you'll be too frustrated with Ponting's inability to score.

sideshowtim

Banned
As will most of the rest of us.

I'm almost certain that you won't make the whole Test series, you'll be too frustrated with Ponting's inability to score.
Is that a challenge?

I will be here on the last day of the last Test, basking in the glory of Ponting winning Man of the Series as India slump to a 4-0 loss on home soil.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is that a challenge?

I will be here on the last day of the last Test, basking in the glory of Ponting winning Man of the Series as India slump to a 4-0 loss on home soil.
Ponting will be banned by the 4th test too. Will swear at someone or something after being caught at bat pad.

sideshowtim

Banned
Ponting will be banned by the 4th test too. Will swear at someone or something after being caught at bat pad.
His anger will be justified. Who can trust umpires under the pressure of Indian crowds? The only way Ponting should be allowed to be dismissed in the India series is bowled...all the other forms of dismissal involve too much intervention from the umpires, who will have no doubt been paid by the Indians before the game.

Do I have to put disclaimers clarifying that I am indeed joking these days?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah, your name is the disclaimer. Don't think you've ever been taken seriously :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dammit, sorry to Fuller and sst, can't find the post I was referring to. Blasted useless Search Function.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Only Miandad have played longer than Jaya and Sachin. Akram and De Silva have also played international cricket for 19 years. That's why these players are much greater than what their stats show about.

Julian87

State Captain
That's why these players are much greater than what their stats show about.
I disagree. Longevity should not be an excuse. If you're good enough you are old or young enough. If such long term stats start decreasing noticeably, than I think it is time to pack it in.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I disagree. Longevity should not be an excuse. If you're good enough you are old or young enough. If such long term stats start decreasing noticeably, than I think it is time to pack it in.

I have a minor disagreement.

Long term stats are not what matters. Your current form does. If your current form and the alternatives available justifies your place in the side, you should play. The long term stats of ALMOST every player will decline after the peak and the peak is ALMOST always somewhere in the middle.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I have a minor disagreement.

Long term stats are not what matters. Your current form does. If your current form and the alternatives available justifies your place in the side, you should play. The long term stats of ALMOST every player will decline after the peak and the peak is ALMOST always somewhere in the middle.
BTW SJS, something I've been wondering for quite a while... why the regular use of CenturyGothic of late? :confused: