• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the CricketWeb Selectors - Australia

Which three members would make the best selectors for Australia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
It only took four minutes whilst using a RNG. :(

Will stake my claim by mentioning my recent predictions on Bracken's greatness in ODIs, MacGill's direness, Watson's beautiful face, Jaques entering the Test Side, Johnson not being flash and Stuart Clark having a good start to his Test Career. Off the top of my head. I spend WAY too much time studying cricket from a grade level and along with Pasag and a few others, would be one of the main Aussie contributors in Australian tour threads.

In the end though, there's a huge amount of worthy contenders in the list above and any combination would be better than the present lot. Maybeh. Best of luck to 'em all. :)

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Solid looking field, it must be said. Surprised social didn't get the nod too, would've probably got a vote off me if he had.

Anyway, saggers, Faaip & arch for me. Archie the chairman.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Smith gets a pick due to his excellent knowledge of the domestic scene. Top_Cat gets my shout as I habitually read anything he has to say in the game, he's an authority, and archie is one of the most knowledgeable people on here, and is incredibly fair.

Was really tough though, wanted to vote for Gelman, Nath, Wright, Fuller. Not to forget EWS.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith gets a pick due to his excellent knowledge of the domestic scene. Top_Cat gets my shout as I habitually read anything he has to say in the game, he's an authority, and archie is one of the most knowledgeable people on here, and is incredibly fair.

Was really tough though, wanted to vote for Gelman, Nath, Wright, Fuller. Not to forget EWS.
You are dead to me :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Voted for Burgey, Pasag and Top_Cat. But honestly, could have been any 3 of this list. Easily the toughest poll. Full of worthy contenders. Will probably pick a diff. 3 if you ask me tomm. All the best to everyone.

pasag

RTDAS
In the nicest possible way, think it's ridiculous that I only have two votes. Must be missing the arrogance and sophistication of older posters. Apologies for wasting my life correctly predicting the last 24 months of Australian Cricket. (face)
Yeah, thought you would be leading this tbh.

One of the best posters of both official threads and domestic threads.

Giving you my sole vote in protest.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
In the nicest possible way, think it's ridiculous that I only have two votes. Must be missing the arrogance and sophistication of older posters. Apologies for wasting my life correctly predicting the last 24 months of Australian Cricket. (face)
At least you got nominated.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF Jack, you're far more likely than anyone else on these forums to be selected. You can't be a selector and be available for selection at the same time (unless you're Bradman).
That being so, vote for me and ensure your selection :).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, thought you would be leading this tbh.

One of the best posters of both official threads and domestic threads.

Giving you my sole vote in protest.
Haha Saggers.

I don't often present my posts with much class I guess. Results not speaking for themselves or something. But thanks. :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voted for Nnanden, dyce and T_C as I felt they have the best knowledge of the domestic game. Not to mention Nnanden being something of an Oracle with his predictions over the last year or more.

sideshowtim

Banned
I can't believe I wasn't even nominated. Me, the greatest poster around these parts. Granted I'd still pick Ponting until his 84th birthday, but I think I should still be up there.