• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the CricketWeb Selectors - Australia

Which three members would make the best selectors for Australia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't want to vote, this was too hard. Thoroughly respect the views and cricketing knowledge of everyone named. Like HB, ask me tomorrow and I'll want to change but one thing was certain; if the polls say anything it's that DCYE is under-rated so he got my vote. Also went for Kaz and Burgey but bloody hell it was difficult.

Humbled and surprised that I'm doing so well, though. Seriously. Thanks to those who've voted so far.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, thought you would be leading this tbh.

One of the best posters of both official threads and domestic threads.

Giving you my sole vote in protest.

that explains a lot. I haven't been that active in those threads and that is why perhaps I haven't voted him ahead of the others.

That said, since he is a fan of Balaji, I was almost tempted to vote for him. :p

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voted for Saggers, Patto & DCYE. There is no such thing as too much Watto love! Aside from that, all 3 know the domestic scene better than most.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Almost impossible to choose just 3, but I'll go Nnanden, DCYE, Burgey
In the nicest possible way, think it's ridiculous that I only have two votes.
Ah so this is where the angry post in the Indian selector thread came from.
Must be missing the arrogance and sophistication of older posters. Apologies for wasting my life correctly predicting the last 24 months of Australian Cricket. (face)
Drop some names :ph34r:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
L00k, am just bitter. There was only one weekend last season where I didn't attend a grade game and I watched all the domestic stuff on Fox. I can recite stupid averages off the top of my head. And, shoving modestly completely aside now, I have a top 'feel' for the gane, reflected in my best mate making $6200 last season in betting on cricket alone (I don't bet).

Do you know how much goes into making a call like this for example? And that was when I was young and naive at 16. But I'd attended net sessions and talked to people which gave me a strong indicator.

Haha anyhow, I'm taking this way too seriously. Heal for president. [/girly whinge]

EDIT: Btw, have acted like a moron in this thread. Apologies.

pasag, Top_Cat and Prince EWS the leaders early on. Will be hard for anyone to catch them. :)

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I get the feeling that had I been more active in the Aussie tour and domestic threads, I would have definitely voted for you, Nath..

As it is, though, I voted for the 3 guys I thought had the best knowledge of Aussie cricket. Obviously, I don't think the same now.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
The vast majority of these candidates would make good selectors, IMO. I'll vote for pasag, FaaipDeOiad and Top_Cat.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I've been incredibly busy of late but I thought I'd pop in and read a little and spotted this thread.

To me it's quite flattering that I am even on this list when members like social who are infinitely more knowledgeable did not get enough votes.

I vote on those who I love to read and who seem to not be too extreme in any view they hold. Those gentlemen are: TC, Burge and Faap.

Also add: Thanks to those that did vote for me. I am humbled, truly. The more deserving gentlemen have most the votes and rightly so.

Last edited: