• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI cut ties with MRF Pace Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Academy can only offer help. It is upto the cricketers and BCCI to work on that help. Playing in 500 matches doesn't help much either. In the peak summer bowlers are made to play a useless tournament in Asia Cup, how is it going help.
I agree the Asia Cup was ill-timed and the Kitply Cup was a waste, but when your best bowlers are reduced to a state when picking them in the team makes no sense, you wonder, questions will exist.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
They have done enough without any kind of support and recognition from BCCI.
If they really needed recognition from anyone, we wouldn't see fast bowlers being changed with such regularity, and prime bowlers reduced to mediocre ones. We wouldn't see the team lose bowlers like these almost permanently.

ret

International Debutant
It's sad to see MRF getting sidelined .... iirc, Dav and Ravi wanted Lilliee in the loop but others in the committee didn't

till now, MRF attracted the best of the talent as there was no other place to go to. how positively have they shaped the talent is something that will always be debatable. apart from the obvious talented bowlers, it would be interesting to see how average bowlers have benefitted from their stint at MRF

BCCI has the resources to make a class defining academy .... it would be interesting to see how things shape up

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If they really needed recognition from anyone, we wouldn't see fast bowlers being changed with such regularity, and prime bowlers reduced to mediocre ones. We wouldn't see the team lose bowlers like these almost permanently.
What the hell does that mean ? What language did you use to write the above. Anyways - One last time :-

MRF pace foundation's job/goal/aim is to identify fast bowlers and get them ready for International cricket. Those fast bowlers will go on representing BCCI's team. After they started playing for India and how well they do becomes BCCI's responsibility and not MRF's.

Now that the BCCI has cut all ties from the MRF pace foundation, started advising its players to stay away from it, what really is the use of such an organization ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
till now, MRF attracted the best of the talent as there was no other place to go to. how positively have they shaped the talent is something that will always be debatable. apart from the obvious talented bowlers, it would be interesting to see how average bowlers have benefitted from their stint at MRF

"... the methods being introduced at the MRF Foundation were on par with those used at the Australian Cricket Academy, which has produced the likes of Greg Blewett, Michael Bevan, Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Jason Gillespie..."

Senior coach and fitness expert of the Australian Cricket Academy Richard Done in 1997

ret

International Debutant
"... the methods being introduced at the MRF Foundation were on par with those used at the Australian Cricket Academy, which has produced the likes of Greg Blewett, Michael Bevan, Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Jason Gillespie..."

Senior coach and fitness expert of the Australian Cricket Academy Richard Done in 1997
who is saying that MRF coaching is sub-par

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
who is saying that MRF coaching is sub-par
You, by making the following statement :-

'how positively have they shaped the talent is something that will always be debatable'

No, their contribution has been positive and it is not debatable.

ret

International Debutant
You, by making the following statement :-

'how positively have they shaped the talent is something that will always be debatable'

No, their contribution has been positive and it is not debatable.
so saying 'how positively have they shaped the talent is something that will always be debatable' implies that their coaching is sub-par :laugh:

instead of picking out lines to suit your needs, spare a moment to understand the whole para, which i have re-quoted below

"till now, MRF attracted the best of the talent as there was no other place to go to. how positively have they shaped the talent is something that will always be debatable. apart from the obvious talented bowlers, it would be interesting to see how average bowlers have benefitted from their stint at MRF"

why is it debatable is because it is the only 'quality' institution in that part of the world, which means that most talented bowlers would go there. a Srinath could have benefitted equally by going to a comparable institution if there were one. not everyone is going to judge MRF on the basis of what it did with a Srinath or a Munaf. some ppl may want to judge it based on how it has raised the overall standard of bowlers going there and what 'more' it could have done

with the resources that BCCI have, it would be interesting to see how it goes abt with its bowling wing. how is it able to lift the overall standard of bowling in India. BCCI has been good with its appointments with Dav and Ravi. Both of them wanted Lillie in the loop but sadly others in the committee didn't

i don't see any reason for ppl to worry abt MRF not being in the middle of things, if the bowlers in India are going to get similar or even better coaching. if BCCI has sidelined MRF then its up to it to insure that things turn out for better and i m keen on seeing how better the things would turn out .... and ofc if MRF is that good, it will see off this challenge and co-exist

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
so saying 'how positively have they shaped the talent is something that will always be debatable' implies that their coaching is sub-par :laugh:

instead of picking out lines to suit your needs, spare a moment to understand the whole para, which i have re-quoted below

"till now, MRF attracted the best of the talent as there was no other place to go to. how positively have they shaped the talent is something that will always be debatable. apart from the obvious talented bowlers, it would be interesting to see how average bowlers have benefitted from their stint at MRF"

why is it debatable is because it is the only 'quality' institution in that part of the world, which means that most talented bowlers would go there. a Srinath could have benefitted equally by going to a comparable institution if there were one. not everyone is going to judge MRF on the basis of what it did with a Srinath or a Munaf. some ppl may want to judge it based on how it has raised the overall standard of bowlers going there and what 'more' it could have done
The point still remains that you are questioning their contribution to Indian Cricket.

Before MRF pace foundation came along, BCCI didn't have a system in place and any bowler that bowled for India came in on his own and in the mid-late 80s we really saw a really poor crop of bowlers like B Arun, Sanjeev Sharma, Rajinder Ghai, Rudra Pratap Singh etc to name a few and that basically was the reason why MRF pace foundation was born and that brought guys like Srinath, Prasad, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Munaf to name a few.

All of it, as an independent body. I dont even understand how their contribution to Indian cricket is debatable.

And to claim that they went there because that was the only place available,is like questioning the contribution of Deshprem Azad, Vasu Paranjpe, Ramakant Achrekar etc. e.g. Kapil went to Deshprem because he was the only coah available in Chandigarh, Gavaskar went to Vasu because he was the only coach in Mumbai.

Flat out ridiculous. Some Indians fans are the most idiotic and thankless bunch.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
with the resources that BCCI have, it would be interesting to see how it goes abt with its bowling wing. how is it able to lift the overall standard of bowling in India. BCCI has been good with its appointments with Dav and Ravi. Both of them wanted Lillie in the loop but sadly others in the committee didn't
Lift the standards ? They have not been able to effectively groom one fast bowler in last 50 years, with or without resources. I really see no reason to put my faith in them.

ret

International Debutant
The point still remains that you are questioning their contribution to Indian Cricket.

Before MRF pace foundation came along, BCCI didn't have a system in place and any bowler that bowled for India came in on his own and in the mid-late 80s we really saw a really poor crop of bowlers like B Arun, Sanjeev Sharma, Rajinder Ghai, Rudra Pratap Singh etc to name a few and that basically was the reason why MRF pace foundation was born and that brought guys like Srinath, Prasad, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Munaf to name a few.

All of it, as an independent body. I dont even understand how their contribution to Indian cricket is debatable.

And to claim that they went there because that was the only place available,is like questioning the contribution of Deshprem Azad, Vasu Paranjpe, Ramakant Achrekar etc. e.g. Kapil went to Deshprem because he was the only coah available in Chandigarh, Gavaskar went to Vasu because he was the only coach in Mumbai.

Flat out ridiculous. Some Indians fans are the most idiotic and thankless bunch.
before calling others ridiculous, idiotic and thankless bunch .... understand whats being said. it's not my problem that you lack proper reading comprehension skills .... it becomes a problem when dumbasses like you just type stuff on my posts without comprehending things

everybody knows abt Indian fast bowling. depite MRF's efforts, the fact is that more things need to be done to improve the standards .... things on large proportion can be done by an organization like BCCI .... so even though I m sad as MRF has been sidelined, despite its contributions, i m happy as BCCI has finally undertaken the task to improve the aspect of pace bowling in India .... the point that they didn't do anything before is irrelevant to me. whats relevant to me is that they finally decided to do something abt it .... i do feel that MRF offers value and can co-exist but if BCCI is undertaking the task to uplift the bowlers, even at the cost of MRF [which is unfair to MRF] and in the end if that [the task undertaken by BCCI] benefits more cricketers than it is now then I m happy as the bottomline is to see Indian bowlers become more potent, doesn't matter if BCCI does that or MRF or whoever .... and it's not my problem that you doubt BCCI's intention. it's just your opinion

so first understand whats being said before you start your babble to call others idiots and thankless or whatever based on your inability to comprehend things. despite clearly explaining my post the last time around, i see no reason why anyone has twist it and bring back the point which has already been explained to take a pot shot. next time you do that i ll kick your ass hard

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
i see no reason why anyone has twist it and bring back the point which has already been explained to take a pot shot. next time you do that i ll kick your ass hard
This is internet, you cant do **** except kicking and licking your own behind.

I understand very well what you said, quoting the Re-quoted(by you) part :-

Read what you post and then kick and lick your own behind. Enuff said. I got no more time for a low life like you.

ret

International Debutant
This is internet, you cant do **** except kicking and licking your own behind.

I understand very well what you said, quoting the Re-quoted(by you) part :-

Read what you post and then kick and lick your own behind. Enuff said. I got no more time for a low life like you.
foul mouthed dumbass, i know what i posted .... whats the point in telling me what i posted and then trying to show what it means

go and see a Psychiatrist :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.