• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi's recent batting form?

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Well I can't say I've studied every innings extensively (probably haven't even watched half of them), but I thought that, 2003-2006, he played with a I-don't-care attitude that wasn't always 100% discernible before then.
From what I can recall, the only time in his Test career when he didn't bat like a self-destructive egomaniac (and by extension, with the attitude that you note) is during an Indian Test match in Chennai - in 1999.

He actually did manage to pull off one (given the circumstances) well-planned innings during the 2003-2006 period - in an ODI, surprisingly. In Hobart, playing Australia, I remember (by his standards), him batting like a normal batsmen at the death - settling in for a few deliveries and then teeing off. He scored 56, IIRC.

Throughout his career, he has generally not changed his attitude - his debut 100 was proof positive of that. As I explained to you some months earlier, this is due to his pathological inability to change his batting style, despite his realisation of the inherent flaws which come with his brand of batsmanship.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
But a Pakistani fan will stand no criticism of Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Akhtar even if between the two of them they cause the ruination of the side.
If you are comparing Shoaib's bowling to Afridi's batting then I must say that is a pure insult to Shoaib...Hope you weren't doing that there.

But if you are comparing their attitude towards the game, then I have no problem...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Attitude. Shoaib Akhtar has more bowling talent in his little finger than Afridi has ever had batting talent in his body.

But both of them have wrought havoc in Pakistan's team almost throughout their stays with their insubordinate attitudes.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
If you are comparing Shoaib's bowling to Afridi's batting then I must say that is a pure insult to Shoaib...Hope you weren't doing that there.

But if you are comparing their attitude towards the game, then I have no problem...
Richards has already answered on my behalf.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hope you don't mind. :)
Not at all. By now I know you well enough to trust you will know what I meant. Thanks.

BTW, Richard, how can I get all the posts I have ever made on CC ? Any ideas. It is important.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What, how can you find a hyperlink for every single one? I can't believe that will be possible, not with a count as high as yours. Even finding every thread you've posted in takes us merely up to early 2005. You have posted in too many threads for a reliable count to be found, I'm afraid.

Until the Search Feature is expanded to find more than 500 results, it won't be happening I don't think.