• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good Win For The Lads

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why not publish your teams, scores, match reports and the like on here?

Also, as cricket players from County Durham, what does it mean to you to have

a) First Class cricket in your county? (remember, you've only been a First Class county for 10 years or so). What difference has it made to cricket at grass-roots level?

b) Test Cricket at Chester-le-Street? Are you planning to go to the Zimbabwe test? What will it do for the profile of the sport in your area?

burnmoor

Burnmoor Cricket Club
Test Match

I think it's flippin marvelous to have the Test Match at The Riverside Ground. You would never have thought it years ago that a match like this is on your doorstep.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Test match

You deserve it. Durham CCC are amongst the most helpful people I've come across. Hope everything goes well, that you have bumper crowds and the sun shines.

Kimbo

International Debutant
i like durham. was up there just the other day, had a net at durham city, kicked a rugby ball about.

its a pity the first test at the riverside is against zimbabwe dont you think?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sunil Havascar said:
i like durham. was up there just the other day, had a net at durham city, kicked a rugby ball about.

its a pity the first test at the riverside is against zimbabwe dont you think?
I feel for the guy who erects the temporary stand. All that work for just 2 days of cricket.

Kimbo

International Debutant
don't count your chickens...

i was referring to the controversy of playing against Zimbabwe with the Mugabe regime....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sunil Havascar said:
don't count your chickens...

i was referring to the controversy of playing against Zimbabwe with the Mugabe regime....
If Henry Olonga's in favour of the game going ahead, that's good enough for me.

burnmoor

Burnmoor Cricket Club
Henry Olonga

Guess who I met last Thursday? Henry Olonga AND Clive Loyd. How about that then? Two top class fellas.

Had a good night didn't we Scotty?:D