• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dwayne Smith jumps ship for England

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha. Dwayne Smith wants to qualify to play for England. I know England are searching for the right ODI combination, but surely Dwayne Smith doesn't stand a chance. He struggles to keep his wicket intact when the ball isn't moving.

Fun times!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh dear.

Can see him being picked too.

Not good at all.

Still, I've always thought as a bowler he wasn't the worst.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The last Kolpak cricketer who said he wanted to qualify for England was playing second team cricket by the end of his first month with his new county. Hopefully Dwayne has better luck than that individual.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Dwayne Smith is the most overrated player in West Indies (and now, England) cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Terrific fielder and, as I say, not the worst bowler.

Given that most seem under the impression that batting is his strongest suit, though - deeply worrying.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dwayne Smith is the most overrated player in West Indies (and now, England) cricket.
Actually I think you'll find that Dwayne Smith hasn't been rated very highly for a very long time now. His reputation very quickly faded.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
He'll be a good addition for Sussex but i dont think anyone (including himself) really think he'll make the England team. Its just one of those things you say to appease some people who think you're just there to leech money :cool:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he'll do alright at county level, so long as the ball isn't swinging. As for an England selection, no chance. He almost makes Afridi look consistent with some of the woeful slogs hes played.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually I think you'll find that Dwayne Smith hasn't been rated very highly for a very long time now. His reputation very quickly faded.
I recall even one Liam Camps going somewhere dangerously close to jumping on the bandwagon after that 105*.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Perhaps but he is still referred to as a dangerous hard hitting batsmen, ignoring his laughable lack of consistency.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perhaps but he is still referred to as a dangerous hard hitting batsmen, ignoring his laughable lack of consistency.
Dwayne Smith is a dangerous, hard-hitting batsman, that is why people still refer to him as one. As you say though, he's usually pretty terrible.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrible Test player, absolutely terrible. Not much better in ODI cricket either, though I suppose he did have some decent moments.

Personally I can't see him being picked for England unless he performs very well for Sussex, and even then it would be a long shot.

brockley

International Captain
ICC needs to crack down on the ammount of foreigners trying to qualify for england,not good for the windies,south africa and the european clubs.