• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone remember this match

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that there may be highlights of this game on YouTube - not sure, though.
I've seen highlights of Nasser's 200, Thorpe's knock (vastly under-rated, this one) as well as Tubby and Blewwy's ton's. Nothing on day 1, though; that was the best part!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I remember the game very, can even tell you where I was watching it (Headingley Taps, Leeds :) )

Anyway, the most memorable thing from my perspective about the game was how Atherton and Stewart played ultra aggressive (for that time) and destroyed the attack to finish the game easily and by the end of the 4th day.

Just sat there thinking, "This is Atherton here, Stewart and his carnage cant continue" but it did.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I remember watching the first morning's play - thereafter I only caught glimpses until the final afternoon. I suppose the thing I really remember is the Edgbaston crowd, who were really involved.

It was a memorable period of my life actually - we looked like we might win the ashes, the Tories had just been voted out, and I'd just got together with the lady I married a year later.