• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib cheating!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Does this guy have serious problems or something??

I wouldnt just throw away an international career, hes doing it like it means nothing to him, its so obvious...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the PCB have said that Shoaib cannot afford anymore slip-ups so I wonder what will happen on his return to Pakistan.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Either way I've just discovered he's suspended for the ODI I'm going to in June.

Shame, I had my "No Ball" placard ready!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Either way I've just discovered he's suspended for the ODI I'm going to in June.

Shame, I had my "No Ball" placard ready!
Why - were you planning on standing at square leg?

/obscure - square-leg umpire normally 'calls' the chucker

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, got seats behind the chuckers, sorry bowlers arm.

Spookily they're the exact same seats my mate and I had last year for the Sri Lanka Test.

anzac

International Debutant
Tim said:
Well the PCB have said that Shoaib cannot afford anymore slip-ups so I wonder what will happen on his return to Pakistan.
considering that warning was given b4 this latest incident it will serve as a good indication as to how serious this new Pak administration is in sorting their game out!!

:)

anzac

International Debutant
Bazza said:
Two game ban. Should have been the full eight for mine. This certainly won't teach him a lesson. :(
I missed all the details, but I get the impression that he was spoken to about it and the ball was changed and then he carried on doing it - and has only received a 2 match ban????

If this is correct then he should have received a stronger punishment from the ICC - they are not sending out
a very strong message.

I also wonder if the umpires were aware of the continuation of the 'offence' after speaking to him, and what further options they had to take more direct action such as not allowing him to bowl?

anzac

International Debutant
his absence must swing the odds in the final more towards NZ, as I get the impression it was his pace that was doing the damage to the Kiwi batting order both at the top of the innings and when he was brought back & halted the revival!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
hello all, I guess it was hibernation period for me as well....:)

Shoaib just does not learn how to keep out of trouble, wonder if its his middle name. With this quite unnecessary (numerous other occasions) action he has cost Pakistan a lot. I am betting that the new administration will not spare the rod with him.