• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bermuda in Canada

James

Cricket Web Owner
June 2008

Sat 28

1st ODI - Canada v Bermuda Maple Leaf North-West Ground, King City

Sun 29

2nd ODI - Canada v Bermuda Maple Leaf North-West Ground, King City

July 2008

Tue 1

3rd ODI - Canada v Bermuda Maple Leaf North-West Ground, King City

99*

International Debutant
O Canada,
Our Home and Native Land,
True Patriot Love,
and the rest of it.:sleep:

Isura

U19 Captain
I'm gonna try to get down there to watch the 3rd ODI. Not even sure who is playing for Canada, but at least it is cricket.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good win for Bermuda in that game, I would've thought Canada could have taken the series 3-0 fairly easily.

stumpski

International Captain
8-0-17-1 from Leverock, tidy stuff from the big fella. That's almost a full strength Canada side as well, only Davison missing from the strongest XI. Even at 38 he could still make a difference, hard to see why Canada's selectors have been leaving him out now that he's no longer playing state cricket.

brockley

International Captain
canada have got worse since jon davidson left,or was sacked by canada for being too old.
They won't make the next world cup,but neither will bermuda.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
8-0-17-1 from Leverock, tidy stuff from the big fella. That's almost a full strength Canada side as well, only Davison missing from the strongest XI. Even at 38 he could still make a difference, hard to see why Canada's selectors have been leaving him out now that he's no longer playing state cricket.
He retired from ODIs after the last World Cup, to give younger players a chance. Only problem is that the selectors got have any balls and went for a 34yo Victorian grade seamer Steven Welsh, instead of youngsters. Granted Welsh is good bowler and added a lot to their pace attack. But your not going to get anywhere if you keep just bringing in short term fixes.

I don't understand why Canada just don't give Ashish Bagai the captaincy. Zubin Surkari is just a fringe player and made his ODI debut yesterday.

Anyone know is Stewart Heaney, injured or he just didn't make himself available? Canada really missed him with the bat.

Trott was impressive again for Bermuda with the ball. Looks like a really good prospect. If Bermuda have any chance to make the next WC it will on the back his performances.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
He retired from ODIs after the last World Cup, to give younger players a chance. Only problem is that the selectors got have any balls and went for a 34yo Victorian grade seamer Steven Welsh, instead of youngsters. Granted Welsh is good bowler and added a lot to their pace attack. But your not going to get anywhere if you keep just bringing in short term fixes.

I don't understand why Canada just don't give Ashish Bagai the captaincy. Zubin Surkari is just a fringe player and made his ODI debut yesterday.

Anyone know is Stewart Heaney, injured or he just didn't make himself available? Canada really missed him with the bat.

Trott was impressive again for Bermuda with the ball. Looks like a really good prospect. If Bermuda have any chance to make the next WC it will on the back his performances.

Yep Johnny Trott truly is gun. Almost knocked over Kenya last year and supposedly is no shakes with the bat.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Bermuda 201/8 (50 ov)
Canada 38/4 (11.0/47 ov)

Bermuda all of a sudden is playing really well. If they play like this they will probably make the next wc but the problem is they did the same thing in last wc qualifiers but after their performance just drops which isn't good cricket and is the reason for the # of associates being cut to 4 plus india's self interest.

stumpski

International Captain
Canada not quite out of it yet - 115-6 with 18 overs remaining. Would need an amazing all-round performance from Dhaniram (who took 5-32 earlier) to get them home though.

brockley

International Captain
Its a clear case heaney is not being picked,has moved to sydney and has been trying to get a state spot,made the nsw 2nd xl squad last season,is avaliable for canadian selection.Like jon davidson they just won't pick him.
Gotta say things are pretty dire when you can't beat bermuda twice,but as i said neither will make the world cup in 2010/11.

stumpski

International Captain
Ah well, Canada are doing a lot better at the last attempt - Bagai is past 100, and Samad almost there.

My understanding re: Davison, btw, is that he only decided to retire after being dropped by Canada, but I could be mistaken there.

Edit: I think Cricinfo got those two mixed up there. They had Bagai on 104* and Samad 93* - now it's Samad 130 (out) and Bagain 84*

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's fairly obvious why Bermuda lost, they didn't have The Rock.