• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is the most important dismissal in cricket?

bagapath

International Captain
No, I'm not wrong about Boon turning the corner in 1985/86, because that's what he did. If I was bluffing, I'd be sitting here thinking "I'm bluffing". But I'm not. So I'm not.
you'd make a brilliant secret agent. no amount of torture can force the truth out of you.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boon undoubtedly felt better about matters for the victory. Whatever he says, though, Australia's Test performances didn't look-up until the 1989 Ashes. And nothing will change this.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this post. Seriously.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this post. Seriously.

:laugh: You have to laugh, it's pure comedy. Many people don't realise that the guards at Buckingham Palace are banned from reading this stuff for 48 hours before they go on duty.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Boon undoubtedly felt better about matters for the victory. Whatever he says, though, Australia's Test performances didn't look-up until the 1989 Ashes. And nothing will change this.
Time machine, FTW, itbt,

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
you'd make a brilliant secret agent. no amount of torture can force the truth out of you.
Maybe thats because he is the one who does the 'torturing' and his 'torture' makes some very strong men change their tunes at times or simply 'pack up'. :laugh:

Kidding Richard

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always thought the Bicentennial Test was somethign of an indicator of a change in fortunes, in that Australia collpased, but instead of going on to lose heavily, they batted well 2nd time around and salvaged a draw agaisnt a side they'd lost horribly to the season before.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe thats because he is the one who does the 'torturing' and his 'torture' makes some very strong men change their tunes at times or simply 'pack up'. :laugh:
:laugh:

Always thought the Bicentennial Test was somethign of an indicator of a change in fortunes, in that Australia collpased, but instead of going on to lose heavily, they batted well 2nd time around and salvaged a draw agaisnt a side they'd lost horribly to the season before.
The point isn't that they suddenly came out of the World Cup and swept all before them. Players gained confidence from it and performances started to slowly improve, the Bicentennnial Test being a good example. The Bicentennnial Test is also more of a pointer to when David Bood really did turn the corner as a Test batsman.