Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cricket in Brighton

  1. #1
    State Captain chicane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    1,857

    Cricket in Brighton

    Hello,

    Is there any casual cricket club/group in Brighton, where one could participate without any kit?

    If anybody here knows a place to play and some players, please let me know.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Medway valley
    Posts
    5,782
    Well there's always the nudie beach - no 'kit' needed there.

    But assuming you meant Brighton, Sussex - your best bet looks to be the Brighton and Hove CC. Might be a bit more serious than you wanted, but try for the 4th XI and see how you go.

  3. #3
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Never expected to see you again TBH.

    Been 27 months.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  4. #4
    State Captain chicane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Well there's always the nudie beach - no 'kit' needed there.

    But assuming you meant Brighton, Sussex - your best bet looks to be the Brighton and Hove CC. Might be a bit more serious than you wanted, but try for the 4th XI and see how you go.
    Yes Brighton and Hove. That's the problem, I have been here a while and haven't seen people on the parks/streets playing cricket. I just want to play informal games. Nobody in school is interested. It's all football...boring


  5. #5
    State Captain chicane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Never expected to see you again TBH.

    Been 27 months.
    Nope just that I'm comfortable lurking now. I know what you did last summer :S

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,201
    'Fraid you're out of luck, unless you want to bat for the other team.

  7. #7
    Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Medway valley
    Posts
    5,782
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    Yes Brighton and Hove. That's the problem, I have been here a while and haven't seen people on the parks/streets playing cricket. I just want to play informal games. Nobody in school is interested. It's all football...boring
    I think you'd find that's the case with pretty much every town in the UK (well, maybe not in Yorkshire). It was briefly fashionable in late summer 2005 for some reason, but now all the kids want to be footballers again.

  8. #8
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    8,972
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    Hello,

    Is there any casual cricket club/group in Brighton, where one could participate without any kit?

    If anybody here knows a place to play and some players, please let me know.

    Thank you.
    Try the Sussex CCC messageboard - www.sussexcricket.co.uk/fanzone/message-board/. You're sure to get some suggestions there.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •