• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket in Brighton

chicane

State Captain
Hello,

Is there any casual cricket club/group in Brighton, where one could participate without any kit?

If anybody here knows a place to play and some players, please let me know.

Thank you.

stumpski

International Captain
Well there's always the nudie beach - no 'kit' needed there. :ph34r:

But assuming you meant Brighton, Sussex - your best bet looks to be the Brighton and Hove CC. Might be a bit more serious than you wanted, but try for the 4th XI and see how you go.

chicane

State Captain
Well there's always the nudie beach - no 'kit' needed there. :ph34r:

But assuming you meant Brighton, Sussex - your best bet looks to be the Brighton and Hove CC. Might be a bit more serious than you wanted, but try for the 4th XI and see how you go.
Yes Brighton and Hove. That's the problem, I have been here a while and haven't seen people on the parks/streets playing cricket. I just want to play informal games. Nobody in school is interested. It's all football...boring

stumpski

International Captain
Yes Brighton and Hove. That's the problem, I have been here a while and haven't seen people on the parks/streets playing cricket. I just want to play informal games. Nobody in school is interested. It's all football...boring
I think you'd find that's the case with pretty much every town in the UK (well, maybe not in Yorkshire). It was briefly fashionable in late summer 2005 for some reason, but now all the kids want to be footballers again. 8-)