• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the CricketWeb Selectors - India

Which three members would make the best selectors for India?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
With the poll ending, we offer our congratulations to SJS, silentstriker and Jono - CricketWeb's India Selectors!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Indeed. Congrats to SJS, Jono and SS. Deserving winners.

Could have so easily been Pratyush too, for me. He is as deserving as the winners.

And it is an absolute crime that Adharcric got only that many votes. I am almost tempted to say that he is more knowledgable and perhaps, more "into" the domestic scene than most of us living here in India.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Completely agree. It seems this has turned into - 'Who makes long clever posts with big words?' instead of actual selection potential. And by no means am I insulting those who can make those intelligent posts. It's just not neccessarily what this competiition is about. adharcric was the first name I voted for.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks everyone. Lets hope we can do a good job. Talking of which when do we start ? and more importantly ... what's the job ??
:unsure:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I just noticed we have the largest number of nominees (13) for any country. Not surprising since we have over a billion full time selectors in our country :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Completely agree. It seems this has turned into - 'Who makes long clever posts with big words?' instead of actual selection potential. And by no means am I insulting those who can make those intelligent posts. It's just not neccessarily what this competiition is about. adharcric was the first name I voted for.
Whilst I think that was a bit harsh, you're probably right and I actually don't think I deserve to be a selector with the fact that I haven't had the time (+ CBF factor) to follow domestic cricket over the last 24 months.

So without wanting to cause too much drama, I'll actually withdraw from this. Whether you want to have Pratyush go through (who would be extremely worthy) or re-do it with the rest I'm not sure. Sorry to be a bother.

Finally, thanks to those who voted for me. Means a lot. Definitely would have given this a red hot crack 2 years ago, but my knowledge is lacking atm.

And just for the record, my first ruling as selector would have been Nehra and Balaji being banished out of India, never to play for an Indian national or domestic or club team ever again. Yeah I would have had the power, political influence and all.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Whilst I think that was a bit harsh, you're probably right and I actually don't think I deserve to be a selector with the fact that I haven't had the time (+ CBF factor) to follow domestic cricket over the last 24 months.

So without wanting to cause too much drama, I'll actually withdraw from this. Whether you want to have Pratyush go through (who would be extremely worthy) or re-do it with the rest I'm not sure. Sorry to be a bother.

Finally, thanks to those who voted for me. Means a lot. Definitely would have given this a red hot crack 2 years ago, but my knowledge is lacking atm.

And just for the record, my first ruling as selector would have been Nehra and Balaji being banished out of India, never to play for an Indian national or domestic or club team ever again. Yeah I would have had the power, political influence and all.
Oh . oh.

We lost a wicket before the umpire said "Play" :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone

So without wanting to cause too much drama, I'll actually withdraw from this.
Nah Jono, not a chance. Just because I feel like having a whinge doesn't mean you need to bail. :) What kind of a democracy would it be if a few people's opinions outweighed the site's? You are deemed more worthy by your peers (including me iirc) and you're staying. I personally think adharcric knows what he's talking about, but clearly I'm in the majority. :) Some people can study domestic cricket they're entire life and still get it wrong. Some people however, watch the game and pick up on things that others do not and do it damn well. Welcome to the second category. :thumbsup:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Indeed. Congrats to SJS, Jono and SS. Deserving winners.

Could have so easily been Pratyush too, for me. He is as deserving as the winners.

And it is an absolute crime that Adharcric got only that many votes. I am almost tempted to say that he is more knowledgable and perhaps, more "into" the domestic scene than most of us living here in India.
I agree, but knowledge of the domestic scene isn't the only criteria. I had adharcric ticked at first, but after careful thought I decided against it because I often disagree with his selection policy as a whole. He comes across slightly too eager to rest and rotate players within a squad for mine instead of picking teams purely on merit which is something I value highly in a selector. I don't think many would have actually left him out for that reason, but that was my logic.

I love his posts, and his contributions to the India in SA thread are one of the reasons I changed from popping into CW every so often to being a regular poster, but I'd rather see SJS, SS and Pratyush head a selection committee.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I agree, but knowledge of the domestic scene isn't the only criteria. I had adharcric ticked at first, but after careful thought I decided against it because I often disagree with his selection policy as a whole. He comes across slightly too eager to rest and rotate players within a squad for mine instead of picking teams purely on merit which is something I value highly in a selector. I don't think many would have actually left him out for that reason, but that was my logic.

I love his posts, and his contributions to the India in SA thread are one of the reasons I changed from popping into CW every so often to being a regular poster, but I'd rather see SJS, SS and Pratyush head a selection committee.
Fair enough.

My personal view is that while he does sometimes want to give chances to the FC guys a lilttle too much, with SJS and Pratyush around, that would have been nullified to an extent.