• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would you deal with the ICL

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Having established the clear superiority of the IPL, I would co-opt the ICL and set that that as the low end brand.

So, IPL: premium tournament coordinated with the FTP and be very careful of diluting this in any way.
ICL - more year around circus made up of former and fringe players. And
would liberally extend ICL franchises to milk other markets like BD, Pakistan, UAE,
Malaysia etc.

Top two ICL teams to participate in the IPL would be the way those two would be connected.
There simply isn't time for the ICL. The only way the two could be co-opted would be if the BCCI gave Zee Indian cricket broadcasting rights.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I would incorporate them.

Adds secondary tournaments that would expand the IPL and its stature.

All players available to play for nations and no problems.

Similar to the renegade ABA being incorporated into NBA.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
If I was in charge, I would work on making the IPL better and more viable for everyone- players, owners, support staff and viewers. I'd make sure every stakeholder gets the most out of my brand, for what they put in. And I'd document and record everything going on, in any way possible. I'd allow complete media coverage of what the stakeholders need to know, despite maintaining secrecy over sensitive matters. And I won't speak a word about the league. No opinions. Just evidence.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Players joined the ICL because the money was very good even though they were warned and some may never play international cricket again.Now they a better option of IPL-the same great money and they get to play international cricket too-why would any cricketer who is any good join the ICL again-it is what it is.
Aside from a few exceptions, most of those who gained from the ICL would not have been offered IPL contracts.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I would incorporate them.

Adds secondary tournaments that would expand the IPL and its stature.

All players available to play for nations and no problems.

Similar to the renegade ABA being incorporated into NBA.
These were my thoughts from the start and I believe these were the intentions of the ICL.