• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vale Jane McGrath

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ABC radio is reporting the passing of Glenn McGrath's wife Jane.

Most of us would be aware Jane fought a long battle with cancer.

Thoughts of all CW members and staff no doubt go to Glenn and family on this most untimely passing.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's absolutely terrible news. It was a long battle for her and she many times seemed to be beating it.

:(

Jakester1288

International Regular
I was just about to make this thread. It is very sad news, and my parents couldn't believe me when I told them I feel so sorry for Glenn and his family. RIP Jane.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ahh. Shocking.

Terrible for Glen who after spending all that time away from her would have been looking forward to spending more time with her in retirement.

Thoughts with Glen.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Terrible news.

Her memory will live on with the Jane McGrath foundation.

Wish Glenn and the family all the best.

Dydl

International Debutant
Was very, very, very sad when I read the news. RIP. All the best to Glenn and their family.

Laurrz

International Debutant
nooooo
this is so saddening :( thoughts go out to the McGrath family
she was so brave too, so didn't expect this
her life made/will make a difference to many families too

RIP

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
This is very sad news, indeed. :(

She fought so, so hard to overcome the disease, but ultimately it claimed her, as it has so many other women.

My condolences to Glenn and his family - R.I.P

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Absolutely gutted for the family. Choked up a little when I first heard the news.

RIP Jane, you'll be long remembered. New stand at the SCG should be named after her itbt.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Without trying to sound harsh, I don't normally get heaps upset when I hear things like this. But this has really got to me. Really, really sad news.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
wow did not see this coming, thats awful. :cry: I really thought she had got the better of the cancer

Best of wishes to Glenn and his children

PY

International Coach
Thoughts to the family, terrible news whenever cancer takes someone young.