• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Craig McDermott bankrupt

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Owes $40m

And yet he is still driving a Mercedes SUV and living in a $9m mansion :dry:
Never had the best of reputations and guys like AB were wise to get out of their business dealings with him when they did

Unfortunately, he appears to be one of those guys whose creditors will suffer more than he does - stay tuned for a deal where he settles for .00000000245 cents in the dollar

howardj

International Coach
My Dad used to know Macca.

He's a garden variety arsewipe from all reports (Macca that is).

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
Just because you are good with a cricket ball doesn't make you automatically good at other things - and that includes doing commentary.

However, I once saw McDermott modeling clothes and he looked OK. Perhaps he should have stuck to that.

I feel sorry for people who invested and might have been dazzled by his high profile. A lesson in that for all of us!

social

Just because you are good with a cricket ball doesn't make you automatically good at other things - and that includes doing commentary.

However, I once saw McDermott modeling clothes and he looked OK. Perhaps he should have stuck to that.

I feel sorry for people who invested and might have been dazzled by his high profile. A lesson in that for all of us!
To be fair to McDermott, he has had a long and at times very successful career in property development.

It's not as though he's a dope that rolled the dice with no experience and lost a shed-load of money.

People were persuaded to invest in his companies because of his track record but unfortunately, he's gone broke - not the first developer to do so and wont be the last

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
To be fair to McDermott, he has had a long and at times very successful career in property development.

It's not as though he's a dope that rolled the dice with no experience and lost a shed-load of money.

People were persuaded to invest in his companies because of his track record but unfortunately, he's gone broke - not the first developer to do so and wont be the last
Fair point Social. However, I think sometimes people are more trusting of famous people who endorse products even though they might not be any better than their competitors.

social

Fair point Social. However, I think sometimes people are more trusting of famous people who endorse products even though they might not be any better than their competitors.
True and McDermott certainly played up his cricketing profile.

In fact, one of his developments that went under also had AB and Alfie Langer as spokespeople and "supposed" investors/directors in effort to appeal to the Mums and Dads of Queensland