• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CricketWeb Community- Project Bulgaria

Langeveldt

Soutie
No, we didn't have any on Aussie passports so you guys will be fine. The only issue we had was thinking it would be funny to swap passports on the bus to see if they noticed going into Serbia and then watching this massive border guard get on that looked like he had no sense of humour what-so-ever. We swapped back immediately of course.
Haha, I've just watched too much Hostel.. Eastern Europe gives me the heeby-jeebys..

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, I've just watched too much Hostel.. Eastern Europe gives me the heeby-jeebys..
haha, Eastern Europe's great! So cheap. Just have to ignore the rubbish in the beautiful mountain streams near the houses. I have to admit though, Poland feels a little more normal than Romania or Serbia. Belgrade's just like a normal city (probably thanks to the upgrade afte being bombed). There're always plenty of backpackers wandering through there anyway. The chances of picking up a hot hitchhiker have to outweight the dangers!

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
All the very best, guys. :)

Really wish I could join in the activities but travelling from India through Europe costs us way too much right now and am not exactly that well off either. Hope things can change soon though. :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Got a dutch mate(fast bowler, no certificate again but did youth training) who also would like to come...possible?

@ Rich; He's willing to go along with the roadtrip and he has a driver license and xp drving

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Got a dutch mate(fast bowler, no certificate again but did youth training) who also would like to come...possible?

@ Rich; He's willing to go along with the roadtrip and he has a driver license and xp drving
Does he speak English?
Is he willing to coach?
Can he drink?

:)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
1. he is dutch and young, what do you think (yes of course)
2. he is
3. he can :')

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What an awesome scheme. Any chance of you trying to qualify for Bulgaria through residency Goughy? :p

Craig

World Traveller

Yeah but the amount of cyclist in the Netherlands (and if you go through Belgium as well), he might have a heart attack.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously, and unfortunately, the Cricket camp in Bulgaria is not going to happen this summer.

There just was not enough time to coordinate all the people, participants and interests at the Bulgarian end.

The CW end was great. Thanks to all that expressed an interest.

I am a little disappointed but optimistic.

Hopefully, with more time and planning we can put something big together for next summer (including a 6s team for a tournament I am yet to organise).

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
count me in for next year anyway! would love to do some coaching or just play cricket in that 6s tournament.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Definitely can't make next summer as I'm going back to SA in October.. Thanks for your efforts kev, and if there is a chance of an impromptu weekend, then I'm still up for it as it's a short flight for me at the moment..