• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CricketWeb Community- Project Bulgaria

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
pretty definitily in! (awesome advert down the page ; meet russian and bulgarian ladies free)
depening on the holiday scheme of the UK of course and my scheme )
as said no certificates, but have coached a bit, and would love to be apart of this. :)
contact me if you like goughy

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
How silly of me.

I meant the school summer holidays just weeks away. Id be hoping to do something in late July or early August.

Thanks for the expressions of interest. Ill contact you guys.

PY

International Coach
Gutted, I'm out if it's this summer, can't get any more time off work as it is. Apologies.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the coaching (a couple of guys coming over) would be this summer and then a CricketWeb team for the Sofia International 6s would be next summer

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How silly of me.

I meant the school summer holidays just weeks away. Id be hoping to do something in late July or early August.

Might just be doable.

Will speak to Pickup soon as I can about the matter.

Langeveldt

Soutie
How silly of me.

Cool.. Thats an almost definite yes from me then.. Just hope it isn't too expensive as I'll be off work..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Me and Tarick have hatched the insane plan of driving there.. Would be an awesome road trip.. Our route would Take in UK/Holland/Germany/Austria/Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria.. All EU countries so visas wouldn't be an issue for any EU passport holders.. And if there were 3/4 of us, not too harsh on the pocket.. Any takers? Yeah it's insane for Europeans but it's no different than me driving to Johannesburg and back..

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Me and Tarick have hatched the insane plan of driving there.. Would be an awesome road trip.. Our route would Take in UK/Holland/Germany/Austria/Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria.. All EU countries so visas wouldn't be an issue for any EU passport holders.. And if there were 3/4 of us, not too harsh on the pocket.. Any takers? Yeah it's insane for Europeans but it's no different than me driving to Johannesburg and back..
Heard it's about the same distance as Brisbane to the Gold Coast.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im sure that would be a fair bit more expensive than flying, but what an experience.

If you want to be interesting then come into Bulgaria through Serbia :)

Craig

World Traveller
I will be in if Goughy can secure an intrest free loan for me to cover the airfares (and expenses and other stuff :naughty:) to be paid off over 20 years :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im sure that would be a fair bit more expensive than flying, but what an experience.

If you want to be interesting then come into Bulgaria through Serbia :)
Is it safe? I guess thats a stupid question as I used to drive around Jo'burg at night, but you see what I mean?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it safe? I guess thats a stupid question as I used to drive around Jo'burg at night, but you see what I mean?
Yes, went through Serbia last year with a mate. A few American friends went from Belgrade to Sofia while we headed to Bucharest and they arrived alive. If Americans can make it anyone can! :happy: The Serbian countryside is beautiful. Mind you, one of their trains alone at night would be an interesting experience, it takes forever over in that part of the world.

(Just noticed you're driving...it'd be an awesome trip through the Serbian countryside. The again, it'd be an awesome trip through the Romanian countryside (Get out to the Bulgarian/Romanian coast if you can! The Romanian delta looks great - never made it myself cause of a change in plans, but wished I did).

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yes, went through Serbia last year with a mate. A few American friends went from Belgrade to Sofia while we headed to Bucharest and they arrived alive. If Americans can make it anyone can! :happy: The Serbian countryside is beautiful. Mind you, one of their trains alone at night would be an interesting experience, it takes forever over in that part of the world.
Cool.. Are there any issues with border crossings?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cool.. Are there any issues with border crossings?
No, we didn't have any on Aussie passports so you guys will be fine. The only issue we had was thinking it would be funny to swap passports on the bus to see if they noticed going into Serbia and then watching this massive border guard get on that looked like he had no sense of humour what-so-ever. We swapped back immediately of course.