• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb XI - Winter batting Averages

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ODI v Canada.

1.1 Groot to Mxyzptlk, OUT, That didnt look so convincing but the umpire has no doubt, out LBW

Mr Mxyzptlk 1 (5b)
lbw b. Groot

19.4 Groot to Eddie, OUT, That didnt look so convincing but the umpire has no doubt, out LBW

Lucky Eddie 44 (58b 1X4 1X6)
lbw b. Groot

Hmm....I wonder who the umpires were...

Canada 220/8 (50 Overs)
(Codrington 44*, Bagai 41*)
(Rik 3/32, LE 2/40)

CWXI 223/5 (46.1 Overs)
(Krkode 54* off 47, Langeveldt 48, LE 44)
(Davison 2/37, deGroot 2/50)

Full score and commentry attached.

Attachments

Langeveldt

Soutie
Me and Lord are refining the squad, and I think the final eighteen is pretty much sorted :D

I will announce the squad, as well as full itinery for the SA tour very soon..... Let me say its going to be an awesome tour for cricket lovers :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Cricketweb XI management (Langeveldt, Lord of Darkness and Mr Mxyzptlk) will be keeping in-depth stats for the tour and further ventures.

One of our initiatives is to keep constantly updated Cricketweb Career Averages. These have been formulated by simming games with the submitted averages and using the simmed results to update the averages. Anyone who wishes to know their career average at any point in time during the series or after, may PM me with such a request.

We are still working out our sponsors and, by extension, our line of commercials to promote the tour and our campaign slogon. Stay tuned for more details.:)

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
it looks like i must be one of the umpires because it doesnt look like i get a go *sniff*.

oh and i will give you all out lbw hahahahah............hahahahaha...........hahahaha

umm haha

Mr Mxyzptlk

Those are warmups. They are inconsequential. If you pray really hard and save up all your money, then maybe you'll make the substitute waterboy.....or you could just kill Rik and take his place. :D

(No offence Rik....it's purely business advice :D)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Now to be fair to Umpire Money who accidentally overlooked, one more warmup game will be played, but all proceeds will go to charity.

The Cricketweb XI will take on an Invitational XI for the Olonga/Flower Charity Shield.

The Invitational XI: A.Flower (capt.), J.Rhodes (vc), M.Slater, M.Goodwin, L.Klusener, D.Crookes, D.Cullinun, Wasim Akram, Collins Obuya and of course Henry Olonga. 12th man:- Ajit Agarkar practicing his water carrying skills ahead of the upcoming Triangular Tournament.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Noteworthy efforts:-
1/Andy Flower 4 runs short of being the first Zimbabwean keeper to socre a century in the Charity Shield co-named after him.
2/Olonga first baller.
3/Apparently no one told Broncoman that the shield is in honour of Olonga, 'cause he smashed him to all parts of the ground. :D
4/T_C with a rear-guard hundred as he and LE put on an unbroken 131 for the last wicket.

Attachments

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
How the hell did i get dropped after my performances against Australia & Holland?

Mr Mxyzptlk

You weren't dropped. You were rested to give some others playing time. Don't worry, you're a front runner to make your Test debut against SA in the 1st Test.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
wow you didnt have to do that... that was nice of you but that only means that you have a hard decision because i dont think i played badly infact i think i played superbly if only i was a keeper or something.

Ill consider going 12th man like bichel every game

Mr Mxyzptlk

The SA XI and the CWXI should be announced sometime tomorrow. Stay tuned. We're still trying to come up with a team slogon so any ideas are welcome.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
okay mr mxy enough man , we should cut the warmups and get straight to the chase because every game we play has to be addeed to the avgs from now on , and every match has points on a table just like the icc one , and if the games are going to be simmed its only going to be the ones that lang , me and you totally decided on eg tours , tournaments etc..

thanks for doing the warmups though

ill name the squad shortly as ive got msgs from lang in my private Inbox

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
What about me?

It isn't fair.

I've had enough NOW i want my share!

I'll be your sledging coach if need be!

A: "Question."
B: "Yes?"
A: "You stink!"

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
3/Apparently no one told Broncoman that the shield is in honour of Olonga, 'cause he smashed him to all parts of the ground. :D
Well what does he expect bowling that short on a deck like that.

Cloete

International Captain
um..... i rule :D. lol. just out of interest will i be bowling in the All Star team?? and wat possie will i be batting?

Cloete

International Captain
ok well i just checked the other thread so just ignore the previous post. apart from the I RULE bit ;):P:P:P:D:D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Those are warmups. They are inconsequential. If you pray really hard and save up all your money, then maybe you'll make the substitute waterboy.....or you could just kill Rik and take his place. :D

(No offence Rik....it's purely business advice :D)
And loose your top spinner? ;)