• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brutal Hitters

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
"Brutal" is far too uncouth a word to apply to Morkel's hitting. It is unviolent, nigh graceful and wholly without the savagery that marks the majority of long-distance sluggers. Even "hitter" is a misnomer, ignoring as it does the facile ease with which he glides through the ball.
Tautology aside, I would agree that he hits the ball with "facile ease." However having watched him destroy the Lancashire bowling attack yesterday evening I would challenge anyone to deny that this was brutal hitting of the highest order.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of late, Jac Oram has been the most brutal hitter of the ball I've seen. Loved watching Zulu smack the pill around in the past, though.