• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 9th - 15th June 2008

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Congratulations to the following:

_Ed_ - 7000
Athlai - 4000

The CW Awards Team

roseboy64 (Milestones & Jeff Thomson)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
Position vacant (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh/Lillee)
Son Of Coco (Skull)
SJS (Agarkar/Mohammed)
PhoenixFire (Jimmy Adams & FIAB)

Be good if someone could volunteer to pick the Afridi Award – a big thanks to Akhil who did it for such a long time. Sean will do it until someone else volunteers. This is probably the most noteworthy of all the Awards, so if you’re up for it, go for.

All Awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net. PLEASE NOMINATE guys, we judges don’t read every thread and it’s easy to miss hugely worthy stuff.

Best Of The Best

The Shahid Afridi Award (Best post of the week)
Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long to be great viewing.
And the Winner is: silentstriker for this, he will be pleased, his first Afridi since the Awards restarted. Sean thinks “well reasoned selection, would be great to see this team take the field”.

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: Nnanden for this, an old idea with a new start, should be interesting.

The Garfield Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week)
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winner is: Prince EWS, another old favourite here, has been around the boards like almost only he can.

The Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week)
Will he ever live down that “I intend to make them grovel” prediction re- the West Indies in 1976?
And the Winner is: _Ed_ for this, after which McCullum promptly smashed 123. Think he himself even called it later on in the thread.

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week)
We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he knew twice as much as Richie.
And the Winner is: Top_Cat, I certainly haven’t given him this Award before and I’m not sure whether or not anyone else has. If this is the first time he’s won it I’m amazed, but it might just be. Top-quality stuff, and shining out above all others this week.

The Jeff Thomson Award (“Whooooooooosh”)
Thommo was both very quick and not very smart, so hence could conceivably have had plenty of things going over his head. He’s very fitting for a “whoooooooosh”.
And the Winner is: S.P. Fleming for this, :huh:

The Mike Hussey Award (Best newcomer of recent times [less then 500 posts])
Not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket”.
And the Winner is: fredfertang , an outstanding start, and no less.

Please remember, these Awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cribb had 18 qualifying threads to your 16 TBH.

And I adjudged that he pipped you on the crucial "subjects not relating to your own team" criteria.

masterblaster

International Captain
Congratulations to all the winners. How do you win one of these things? I think it's the lack of ability to offend people and be controversial :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Quite the opposite in one or two cases TBH.

You'd have been given a Bicknell if you'd made your CW return at a time when Awards were being given.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Guys, I've had no award em@ils yet this week...
As I mentioned in my e mail, I am holidaying in England so not on the net too often till the end of this month. I have tried to see during my infrequent visits to see a worthy Agarkar nominee but haven't seen one I am afraid.