• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Hussey - Is he now human?

Can Mike Hussey be now considered to be in a form slump?

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
:-O

I think so.

Since his century against India in that Test in Sydney, he has made only one score of 50 and that was in the 1st Test in kingston v the West Indies. He has made plenty of starts, but nothing more (although you could say in his innings of 46 he got a bad call).

So is the closet we will see a form slump for Mike Hussey or just that everything is being evened out in the world (like his average coming back down, still pretty good mind you :p)? I think the latter to be honest and shows how hyperbolic (and idiotic :dry: ) some people were on here comparing him with the likes of Lara, Tendulkar, Sobers, Pollack, the two non-related Richards etc.

pasag

RTDAS

I think so.

Since his century against India in that Test in Sydney, he has made only one score of 50 and that was in the 1st Test in kingston v the West Indies. He has made plenty of starts, but nothing more (although you could say in his innings of 46 he got a bad call).

So is the closet we will see a form slump for Mike Hussey or just that everything is being evened out in the world (like his average coming back down, still pretty good mind you :p)? I think the latter to be honest and shows how hyperbolic (and idiotic :dry: ) some people were on here comparing him with the likes of Lara, Tendulkar, Sobers, Pollack, the two non-related Richards etc.
1. He's not really out of form as such. He looks fine at the crease. He's certainly not in sublime nick or anything, but it's far from a form slump.

2. You can find any idiot that says anything about anyone. 99% of people here didn't compare Hussey to Lara, Tendulkar, Bradman etc so as such there is very little point bringing it up.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It's a relatively small blip, it's only an issue because he started so well.

Looking forward to watching him bat in India anyway.

Jakester1288

International Regular
What is CDM?

Also, I doubt him being in a slump atm, heis probably not so familiar with the pitches. I think he will be in the Australian side for the next three years at least, maybe untill he retires. I don't think he will be dropped atm. I am looking forward to both him and Pup playing in the English conditions next year. That will be awesome.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does the average Aussie really mind his slump in form? - I have heard one or two whispers around the Aussie population in London suggesting that there is an element of relief that Bradman's achievements are no longer being threatened

sanga1337

U19 Captain
I would say he's in a form slump. Apparently he looks in good nick though, so hopefully he can start making runs again sooner or later

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

I think so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What is CDM?
Cheating Diving Mercenaries or some crap like that. Basically what one poster on these forums uses to refer to the football side whose official title is "Arsenal".

Not to be confused with the poster cover drive man (cdm).

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Cheating Diving Mercenaries or some crap like that. Basically what one poster on these forums uses to refer to the football side whose official title is "Arsenal".

Not to be confused with the poster cover drive man (cdm).
****ing hell. I thought it was CDM!

I think I need a shower now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yep, pretty much my thoughts. I've always believed there was no reason for Hussey to be averaging 70 or 80 over a long period, and I'm surprised he kept it up as long as he did. I hope it'll continue to go down a bit more in the immediate future.

Will still be amazed if he does anything other than become one of the best batsmen the game has seen, but I don't expect him to be a Tendulkar, Lara, Stephen Waugh etc. and never have.

Craig

World Traveller
What is CDM?

Also, I doubt him being in a slump atm, heis probably not so familiar with the pitches. I think he will be in the Australian side for the next three years at least, maybe untill he retires. I don't think he will be dropped atm. I am looking forward to both him and Pup playing in the English conditions next year. That will be awesome.
I should also introduce you to the irrelevant 3rd or sometimes last option in polls. Some people like them, some loathe them, those that loathe can go suck a lemon for mine :p

irfan

State Captain
No. Hussey is not in a form slmup, he is merely hibernating (it is winter in Australia). He'll wake up from his slumber soon enough and start chasing Bradman again, most probably against us in October :(

Matt79

Global Moderator
Decided to break my stance and go for the irrelevant option, as it was an irrelevant question. :ph34r:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
To eventually transcend and truely become Invincible, Hussey must first become one of us.