• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The flaw in batting averages

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
O my God, you are not getting a simple point after so many posts that I am astonished...batsmen playing for 10-12 years in your plot average better than batsman playing for 1 year in your line because they were better batsmen and not because playing well for 10-12 years is easier...If even now you are not getting then I am sorry I can't make it simpler, I have my limitations...
That will comfortably describe the missing 60% of the relationship. My theory is, batsman will peak after playing some time and then wane off.Most will achieve their peak around 10-12 years of playing according to the plot. It can be 9 or 13, but it's some where there. Not 3 years or 4 years for sure.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
That will comfortably describe the missing 60% of the relationship. My theory is, batsman will peak after playing some time and then wane off.Most will achieve their peak around 10-12 years of playing according to the plot. It can be 9 or 13, but it's some where there. Not 3 years or 4 years for sure.
Batsman may peak after 10-12 years of playing...So what?...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Say a batsman averages 35 after 5 years...Another batsman averages 35 after 12 years...Would you rate the first batsman higher because he didn't reach his peak according to you?...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I am tired after such a long discussion...But Migara you are making the similar mistake in this thread that you made in the Warne versus Murali thread...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: Excellent. Two statsmungers - neither able to make the other understand what they're on about.:laugh: If only Arpad Elo was still alive.:laugh: