• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashraf blasts Pakistan for embarassing loss

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I agree with pasag and the rest saying the coach and the players have to be held accountable here. SS gotta say you're wrong here for going after Ashraf, because 1 he's the head of everything in pakistan cricket so everyone under him is accountable to him. 2nd it was supposed to be a private message.

FRAZ

International Captain
Ashraf is just being ridiculous.
I agree plus he is the chief destroyer of player-board relations . Selectors are biased and all are his puppets . I recently read a news in a renowned Urdu paper saying "Ashraf became physical with Altaf and bla bla plus he was involved in some telephonic conversations suggesting firing of some officials using some means ..
A poor administrator and I believe Shahryar was a far better administrator but they always keep on forgetting one thing that making of a successful team combo is not dependent upon even the greatest administration wise institution . Scientific selection , knowledge of the game and marketing go hand in hand and for me a person with some know how of the grass root level plus a person who had to go through all the departmental selection headaches plus kissing of the asses of the good for nothing old retards plus having necessary education with a foreign club or county experience in the past under the belt and with one of the top records in the world (playing internationally in the past) plus having a know how of all the fixing aspects ( not necessarily having being a potential regular part of the mafia but rather being a keen observer) . Asif Iqbal is my ultimate pick along with Rameez Raja . But once they are there then I guess one thing might also influence their worldwide cricketing image having cricket being their full time job providing them with all the bread and butter . They will definitely perform better because they are not like the seasonal pests coming out just when they have a mating or feeding season .They will definitely know that they are going to be asked in their cricketing circles worldwide even about their one odd mistake that they may had made in their past .... (two cents about the selection of the chairman having known the messed up system)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** them, I love Lawson. Tells it like it is, and whilst his "improve English" comment was way out of line... this reaction

The journalists who attended the conference, though, categorically refused to accept the apology. They demanded an apology from Lawson in person, and not through a press release. They wore black armbands and protested for 15 minutes outside the National Stadium in the break between the innings of the Sri Lanka-Bangladesh match.
is RIDICULOUS!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Full support to Lawson. Media is just to hypocritical. They think it is their birth right to ask anything and they can be as rude and aggressive as they want, but when they meet with slight bit of aggression themselves they cry 'Victim'.

Media - Shut the HELL up and go away.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
**** them, I love Lawson. Tells it like it is, and whilst his "improve English" comment was way out of line... this reaction
Not really. Watch this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4gvq-zKmSY

Its clear that he has had enough of this media bull****.

He simply asked them to not make statements and ask questions and then the media guy took it personally and started asking something in his broken English to which Geoff Lawson suggest something like speaking in better English and the media started talking about 'Press Freedom' and stuff.

Lawson was taken aback and just walked off.

Media is just full of ****.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So therefore if an administrator of a national cricket board (eg ECB, PCB etc.) was a former Test cricketer, and a more then decent one, would that make him more qualified to air his private opinions in an e-mail, or even to demand answers on the basis he would know what he is talking about then?
Nah, that's not his job to discuss tactics on the field. His job is to administer the board. His job is to appoint coach, etc and may demand explanations for results, but questioning tactics is quite stupid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not really. Watch this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4gvq-zKmSY

Its clear that he has had enough of this media bull****.

He simply asked them to not make statements and ask questions and then the media guy took it personally and started asking something in his broken English to which Geoff Lawson suggest something like speaking in better English and the media started talking about 'Press Freedom' and stuff.

Lawson was taken aback and just walked off.

Media is just full of ****.
Yeah they're wanks. Soft as ****, can give and can't take. Is the case with most sport journalists tbh (not all though to be fair, some have a thick skin).

pasag

RTDAS
Gotta love Youtube comments.

Mr. Lawson you reali need to learn to respect Pakistani people and if u un undstnd our english y un u jus gtta outta our coountry n gtbk 2 ur own land u fag.U EFFIN gt paid 4rm Pakistani crcik board n u un rspct PAKIstaniPPL.Well u shud b ashmd urslf.U shud fel urslf luky cuz if u did this in sm odr country u wudnt evn gt a chnce 2sai ur sorries n wud b on urwai hme. SO RESPECT the Pakistani ppl n keep ur attitude 2 urslf u FAG>
Haha, you couldn't make stuff like that up.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
YouTube rarely fails to disappoint if you're looking for stupid comments on cricket matters.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Personally I think Pasag should be banned for posting a youtube comment on CW.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hey, there's a good question - can Gelman press the ban button on his own account, or is he now immune from this now he can press it?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
They wore black armbands and protested for 15 minutes outside the National Stadium
So they marched day and night outside the cricket ground, even though Geoff Lawson's views were quite sound...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Black armbands - are they mourning the death of free press?
Lawson will know his time is up once the effigies start burning.

Apparently Effigies-R-Us have them on the production line, but they aren't available in-store yet.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He knows he belongs when the effigies start burning. You can't be a person of any note in the subcontinent if your effigy hasn't been burnt yet. Tendulkar, Dravid, the prime minister, all have had to go through this rite of passage.