• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank **** He Is Injured

indian_legend

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
My team: India

Aus - Brett Lee
Ban - Mortaza
Eng - Pietersen
NZ - McCullum
Pak - Misbah
SA - Steyn
SL - Mendis
WI - Chanderpaul

FRAZ

International Captain
The legend Sachin (India)is in my mind as a person whom I never wanted to see play against my favorite side . I remember watching the games where the common conception was that "get Sachin out and get the 50 % of their team out " . No doubt that he was the king of 90's . His shot selection was picture perfect and his elegance and maturity was way way taller than Everest . The Indian team revolved around Sachin and I must say that he was/is a hell of a batsman .
Alan Donald (South Africa) clicks in my mind as a true champion and a fierce bowler who could destroy any type of a batting lineup within minutes.
Lara (West Indies) (I can't explain any thing about him) . He is just beyond my explanation .
Glen McGrath (Australia) Was the fittest and the most competitive bowler and undoubtedly was exceptional . I remember watching him bowling to Aamir Sohail and at each and every ball that he bowled to Aamir , I prayed that Aamir survives some how .
Jayasuriya (Srilanka) created history by introducing that bang bang dash dash sort of cricket . He revolutionized the ODI format of the game and his performances around the 96 WC times are enough to earn him an ODI legend status .
Martin Crowe (Newzealand) was probably the best batsman ever to represent NZ in Odis and Tests respectively and his performance in 1992 WC showed a true maturity and a winning attitude .
Andy Flower (Zimbabwe) was the saddest loss of talent EVER .

FRAZ

International Captain
I don't give a **** about today's T20 type of Bull crap and I ****ing hate the current cricket and tbh I seldom see a game .

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
My team India...

Australia: Hayden (plays well against us :@ )
South Africa: Kallis (That bastard never gives away his wicket)
England: Pietersen (Their batting line-up won't remain world-class without him.)
Others: Hey don't drop anyone. Otherwise the result will be pre-decided.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Meh England's batting line-up isn't world class with KP in the first place.
I had to play safe because there are quite a few die-hard English supporters on this forum :) ... What I meant is that their batting line-up will become mediocre without him...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It wouldn't really be mediocre, there's quality there but the headless chicken element is equally strong. So in a good spell they can perform as well as any. A mediocre lineup would be one like New Zealand, even on a good day a top bowling attack on a non-road would dominate them.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It wouldn't really be mediocre, there's quality there but the headless chicken element is equally strong. So in a good spell they can perform as well as any. A mediocre lineup would be one like New Zealand, even on a good day a top bowling attack on a non-road would dominate them.
Ok ok replace mediocre with vulnerable...Or if you are not happy with this word also then read as 'The not-so-great Indian bowling line-up will have much more chances of success against the English batting line-up if Pietersen is removed.' ... Removing a bowler (read Sidebottom) won't raise the performance of Indian batting by that much since we have enough batsmen to negotiate a good attack more often than not...

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Team: NZL

AUS - Ponting (kills our bowlers sans Bond)
ENG - Broad (would pick Sidebottom, but Broad gets our gun players out every time)
SAF - Boje (we can't get him out, ever)
SLA - Vaas (we can't seem to play left arm seamers, especially Vaas)
IND - Sehwag (punisher of crap bowling, ie - us)
WIN - Lara (punisher of crap AND good bowling))
PAK - Akhtar (5-for on the cards)

Flem274*

123/5
Similar to Englands batting really.

I had to take the bait..sorry.

WhatisRight

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well i support Eng and Pak so i will write for both of them:

Aus: Ponting - hes like a batsman who, if comes in a pressure situation, takes aussies out of it and if comes at a point when australia is in a strong position, then he literally runs after the bowling.
Bang: Ashraful and Murtaza
Eng: Without a doubt it has to be Pietersen in recent times.
India: Yuvraj (can score at over 6 runs an over with ease)
NZ: Oram (handy for NZ with both bat and ball) and Vettori to an extent.
Pakistan: Akhtar and Misbah (in recent times)
South Africa: Kallis - a batsman who easily builds a very very solid platform for SA
Sri Lanka: Sangakara - same reason as kallis.
West Indies: Chanderpaul (hes also one of my favourites)