• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank **** He Is Injured

99*

International Debutant
Kiwi so:

AUS- Ponting
SA- Kallis
IND- Tendulkar
PAK- Yousuf
ENG- Sidebottom
SL- Sangakarra
WI- Chanderpaul

pasag

RTDAS
As a rule, wouldn't want to see anyone injured. Victory is always soured a bit when it hasn't been against the country's best possible XI. The revenge of Ashes 06/07 would have been a lot sweeter, for instance had this been the case.

Edit: I see Rich and LT have said much the same.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As a rule, wouldn't want to see anyone injured. Victory is always soured a bit when it hasn't been against the country's best possible XI. The revenge of Ashes 06/07 would have been a lot sweeter, for instance had this been the case.

Well lets use the term McGrath'ed.

If he doesnt get injured then England lose the 05 Ashes. The victory is marginally (and I mean only by the tiniest of margins) less sweet because of it. However, it is still infinitely better than losing.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My Team - India

Sri Lanka - Sangakarra
England - Sidebottom
Pakistan - Yousuf
Australia - Brett Lee
New Zealand - McCullum
WI - Chanderpaul
SA - Kallis

As an Indian fan, Murali is not the danger man. Not as much as Sangakarra at least.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Well lets use the term McGrath'ed.

If he doesnt get injured then England lose the 05 Ashes. The victory is marginally (and I mean only by the tiniest of margins) less sweet because of it. However, it is still infinitely better than losing.
It's interesting. I'm moreorless convinced we could perfectly possibly still have won the Edgbaston and Trent Bridge had McGrath been fit for them. But it's disappointing the Aussies could give the excuse that "McGrath treading on the ball lost us the series".

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
For India:
  • Australia - Hayden has often been the scourge of the Indian bowlers. He's a huge batsman, capable of several huge hits, and the Indians are often ill-equipped to deal with this strong giant.
  • England - Pietersen can change a match on its head.
  • New Zealand - Ross Taylor is their man in form. He can force the pace in any match.
  • Pakistan - Their batting has often been inconsistent and unsteady, but Mohammed Yousuf has been the lynchpin.
  • South Africa - Albie Morkel can hit huge sixes. He can also bowl at a decent pace and is quite smart.
  • Sri Lanka - With that one major retirement, they'd like to have Sangakkara out of the XI.
  • West Indies - Gayle is the one player who'd probably walk into the Indian team, and also the one whom Indians would wish wouldn't walk out into the middle.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't support any test team really, so I'll do it for all of them.

Australia- Ponting
Bangladesh- No injury could hamper their awesome team.
England- Pietersen, hate him
India- Tendulkar
New Zealand- Oram
Pakistan- Yousuf
South Africa- Tough one. Steyn or Kallis, probably Steyn atm.
Sri Lanka- Murali, although if Mendis turns out to be good this could change to Sanga or Jayawardene.
West Indies- Shivvvvvvvv by so far it isn't funny. He was injured for one of the matches in England and the team just didn't exist without him, they were headless chickens.

Laurrz

International Debutant
my team - Aus

Sri- Sangakkara
India- Tendulkar
Pak- Yousuf
Eng - Pietersen
NZ- Vettori
WI- Chanderpaul
SA- Smith

surprised at few ppl picking Lee

can you imagine Australia without Lee atm ****tt

Last edited:

ret

International Debutant
my team ----> Republic of India

Aus ----> Hayden
Eng ----> Pietersen
NZ ----> Oram
Pak ----> MoYo
SA ----> Styen
SL ----> Sangakara
WI ----> Sarwan

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Albie Morkel? He hasn't even played a Test yet...
I wouldn't be surprised if he got a Test call-up. Of all South Africans in action, he's a genuine threat. Among Test regulars, the one to watch out for would be Smith or AB, but if the Indians don't goof up and make silly mistakes, they wouldn't have much of a problem with any of them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Sorry Arjun, but wow, "can hit big sixes".

Aaaaanyway:

Aus - Hayden
England - Pietersen
SA - Kallis
WI - Chanderpaul
NZ - Bond (lol)
SL - Sangakarra
PAK - Yousuf

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Presume this is about test cricket so India shall be my team.

WI - Chanderpaul
Sri Lanka - Sangakkara
England - Sidebottom
Pakistan - Yousuf
SA - Kallis
Australia - Ponting
New Zealand - McCullum

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Blah.....rooting for injuries all the way :p. If India prepare spinning tracks vs Australia, I'm hoping for some future hero to break Clarke's elbow with a bat. :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wouldn't be surprised if he got a Test call-up. Of all South Africans in action, he's a genuine threat. Among Test regulars, the one to watch out for would be Smith or AB, but if the Indians don't goof up and make silly mistakes, they wouldn't have much of a problem with any of them.
Kallis much?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting,having a quick flick through the thread, how the large majority of nominees are batsmen. Probably says something about the standard of bowlers out there.

Anyway, as an Aussie supporter I'd say:

England: Flintoff
WI: Edwards
SL: Murali
India: Tendulkar
SA: Kallis or Steyn
NZ: Taylor
Pakistan: Akthar or Yousuf
Bangladesh: Not applicable
Zimbabwe: would actually be nice to see their best players IN, not anyone of them out.