• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prize money comparisons...

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting list on the BBC:

PRIZE FUND COMPARISONS
£10m - Stanford Twenty20
£2.5m - Champions League
£995,000 - World Cup
£600,000 - IPL winners
£42,000 - Twenty20 Cup winners

Do you think they need to increase the World Cup prize-money as it is meant to be the pinnacle? Or is it not really important?

I would be interested to know what people think.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
Prize money in the grand scheme of things is not really important-especially for club cricket but stanfords money is ridiculous.Once the salary cap is scraped from the IPL then players can make upto(or more)$5 million for 2 months of work(guaranteed).

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting list on the BBC:

PRIZE FUND COMPARISONS
£10m - Stanford Twenty20
£2.5m - Champions League
£995,000 - World Cup
£600,000 - IPL winners
£42,000 - Twenty20 Cup winners

Do you think they need to increase the World Cup prize-money as it is meant to be the pinnacle? Or is it not really important?

I would be interested to know what people think.
Allen Stanford should buy out the ICC outright once and for all and save us this fuddy-duddy piecemeal board-by-board nonsense.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting hierarchy which depicts the saturation of T20. I believe that the winner of a yearly (ie. 1/1 to 31/12) Test league should recieve large prize money, with each country recieving a rapidly decreasing amount of runner up money. Hopefully this could cause a more organized yearly pattern of Test cricket and help reduce the saturation of prize money toward T20.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Winning the WC should be an honour in itself, plus I imagine that a WC winner could make a ton in endorsments. Certainly, Flintoff's bank balance must have gone up tenfold following the Ashes win in 05

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cricketing prestige is entirely dependant on the players honouring the traditions. Some will continue to, of course, but I simply cannot believe, if things continue as they have been in recent months, that 20 years down the line we will still have a situation where Tests are the peak of the pile for most to all players.