• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Freedie's Career Over??????????

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Andrew Flintoff has been missing international cricket from a long time now......
due to various reasons............

i m afraid if he will b able to make a comeback or not??????????:mellow:

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
OR CAPITALS ??????????

Sorry mate, not taking the piss. It's a fair question, and I'm sure when Freddie does return, it will be a return of non-alcoholism and sobriety from pedal boats.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Flintoff could make the 2011 WC, that idea would have an amount of merit (would remain a crying shame if it had to be implemented, obviously). I have to doubt even that myself, though, and if he were to give-up one form to try his utmost to make it back in the other, I'd really want that to be ODIs he gave-up. Despite the fact he's almost certainly a better ODI cricketer than Test cricketer - equally good with the ball, and better with the bat.

Obviously I couldn't care less whether he plays T2Is, and let's be honest - it's not very likely to make much impact on his fitness.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Still wondering whether "Freedie" is some sort of mutant cross between Andrew Flintoff and Keeley Hazell.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Somewhere in between, I reckon. Twelve months of doing **** all apart from sit on a physios table should be adequate time for Flintoff, a big man already, to cultivate his moobs. And I reckon his batting is probably on a par with miss Hazell's of late.

howardj

International Coach
Hope his career is not over. However, it's unlikely that ankle has much cricket left in it.