• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do England have a good enough team to win the Ashes next year ?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
In my first season of First Grade cricket, I was placed in a super short cover for the opening batsmen. There was a bit in the pitch. I had a ball smashed at me and dropped it, was pretty shattered. Captain came up and said, "Doesn't matter, you weren't there for the catch. We just want to get him driving, so we bring you in close to further entice it. Maybe make him hit it a bit harder, because once he gets it past you there's a boundary for the taking."
Wouldn't it make more sense if they just left the cover area with no fielders, wouldn't that entice him more?