Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Who will be your No.4 and No.5 in your World Cup Dream XI?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • MJ Clarke

    3 7.69%
  • R Dravid

    2 5.13%
  • Scott Styris

    4 10.26%
  • MD Crowe

    6 15.38%
  • SR Waugh

    12 30.77%
  • Kevin Peterson

    5 12.82%
  • A Ranatunga

    0 0%
  • AJ Lamb

    0 0%
  • CH Lloyd

    5 12.82%
  • NH Fairbrother

    0 0%
  • MW Gatting

    0 0%
  • J Miandad

    2 5.13%
  • JH Kallis

    0 0%
  • PA De Silva

    4 10.26%
  • M Jayawardane

    2 5.13%
  • Inzamam Ul Haq

    9 23.08%
  • Ricky Ponting

    26 66.67%
  • Wildcard

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Poll: No. 4 and 5 in the World Cup Dream XI

  1. #1
    International Captain bagapath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,144

    Poll: No. 4 and 5 in the World Cup Dream XI

    22 players have scored more than 300 runs batting at no.4 or 5 in world cup games. 3 of them averaged under 30. 3 more of them - sachin, viv richards and imran khan - have already made it to the team as opener, no.3 and all rounder.

    keeping the remaining 16 players and adding ricky ponting - the runner up from the no.3 poll (no one else got any votes) - and offering you a wild card option to bring in a favorite of yours, there are 18 options given below.

    please choose two from the following to bat at 4 and 5.


    MJ Clarke (Aus) 2007-2007 6 6 2 320 92 80.00 348 91.95 0 3 0
    R Dravid (India) 2003-2007 7 7 3 310 62 77.50 454 68.28 0 3 0
    SB Styris (NZ) 2003-2007 12 11 3 575 141 71.87 693 82.97 2 3 0
    MD Crowe (NZ) 1983-1992 13 13 5 527 100* 65.87 647 81.45 1 4 1
    KP Pietersen (Eng) 2007-2007 5 5 0 325 104 65.00 400 81.25 2 2 0
    A Ranatunga (SL) 1983-1999 17 16 6 608 88* 60.80 767 79.26 0 4 0
    AJ Lamb (Eng) 1983-1992 16 14 4 589 102 58.90 691 85.23 1 3 0
    SR Waugh (Aus) 1987-1999 19 18 5 649 120* 49.92 832 78.00 1 4 0
    CH Lloyd (WI) 1975-1983 13 10 2 390 102 48.75 455 85.71 1 2 0
    NH Fairbrother (Eng) 1992-1999 14 11 3 371 75* 46.37 531 69.86 0 3 0
    Javed Miandad (Pak) 1979-1996 25 25 4 968 103 46.09 1412 68.55 1 8 1
    MW Gatting (Eng) 1983-1987 13 11 2 378 60 42.00 434 87.09 0 2 0
    JH Kallis (SA) 1996-2003 12 12 2 376 96 37.60 550 68.36 0 4 1
    PA de Silva (SL) 1987-2003 24 23 1 762 107* 34.63 906 84.10 1 6 2
    DPMD Jayawardene (SL) 1999-2007 12 12 1 374 115* 34.00 448 83.48 1 3 2
    Inzamam-ul-Haq (Pak) 1992-2007 18 17 2 492 81 32.80 656 75.00 0 3 1
    RT Ponting (Aus) 1996-2007 29 29 3 1324 140* 50.92 1658 79.85 3 6 1

    Of course if you are going for the wild card then please mention your choice in the post...
    Last edited by bagapath; 10-06-2008 at 02:46 AM.

  2. #2
    ret
    ret is offline
    International Debutant ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    2,890
    #4 Martin Crowe
    #5 Kevin Pietersen
    Fastest gun in town

  3. #3
    International Captain bagapath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,144
    I've gone for Ricky Ponting and Javed Miandad

  4. #4
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,495
    S Waugh and Javed Miandad for me.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.


  5. #5
    International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nursing a broken ****ing arm
    Posts
    5,681
    Ponting and Inzy. Both deserve a gong.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

  6. #6
    U19 Debutant cowboysfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    irving,texas
    Posts
    381
    isnt ponting a no.3?

    I have gone for inzy and pietersen.(at the height of their powers)

  7. #7
    U19 Captain sanga1337's Avatar
    KickUps Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Australian living in Japan
    Posts
    641
    Ponting and pieterson.

    Inzi unlucky to miss out though

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    953
    Whats Ponting doing there?

    Ponting bats at 3 all the time....

  9. #9
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #teamAthlai
    Posts
    28,314
    Quote Originally Posted by bond21 View Post
    Whats Ponting doing there?

    Ponting bats at 3 all the time....
    Didn't get 3 because Viv Richards is better so therefore got the option of being picked down the order.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  10. #10
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,269
    Why no Zaheer Abbas?

    It doesn't make any sense to leave out a player because he batted at number three and since someone else is going to bat at that number we should eliminate him altogether.

    If we do that for a world XI, we will have to chose one between Bradman, Hammond and Headley.

    Its much more sensible to first select two openers and then from the batsmen left, select three (or four) batsmen. Then everyone has a fair chance.

    Some of the greatest batsmen in the world batted at number three, it would be silly to put a condition that only one of those great batsmen can be chosen for a side.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    953
    funny because Richards batted 5 or 6....

    The title says whos 4 and 5 in YOUR team.

    Ponting is 3 in MY team, Richards is not 3 because he never batted 3.

  12. #12
    99*
    99* is offline
    International Debutant 99*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,594
    M. Crowe and S. Waugh.

  13. #13
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by bond21 View Post
    funny because Richards batted 5 or 6....

    The title says whos 4 and 5 in YOUR team.

    Ponting is 3 in MY team, Richards is not 3 because he never batted 3.

    Richards batted at three in two World Cups and with great success including a century in the final. Admittedly his performances are greatly devalued by the fact he wasn't playing for Australia.

  14. #14
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #teamAthlai
    Posts
    28,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Richards batted at three in two World Cups and with great success including a century in the final. Admittedly his performances are greatly devalued by the fact he wasn't playing for Australia.
    But not playing for Australia isn't Test standard.

  15. #15
    International Captain bagapath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,144
    Quote Originally Posted by bond21 View Post
    funny because Richards batted 5 or 6....

    The title says whos 4 and 5 in YOUR team.

    Ponting is 3 in MY team, Richards is not 3 because he never batted 3.
    You are wrong!!!

    Richards' record at no.3 in World Cup games is awesome. no wonder he won the poll hands down against everyone else, including ricky.

    IVA Richards (WI) 1979-1983 11 11 4 584 138* 83.42 745 78.38 2 2 0
    RT Ponting (Aus) 1996-2007 29 29 3 1324 140* 50.92 1658 79.85 3 6 1

    ricky deserves another shot, that's why he is included in this poll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Poll: All-Rounder for the World Cup Dream XI
    By bagapath in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 08:47 AM
  2. Poll: Spinner for the World Cup Dream XI
    By bagapath in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 11:45 PM
  3. Poll: No.3 for World Cup Dream Team
    By bagapath in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 02:04 PM
  4. Poll: Choose 2 openers for World Cup Dream XI
    By bagapath in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •