• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"why we have 3rd umpire now"

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
that was a travesty.healy should be ashamed of himself but we have seen this before from australians-no offense.

bond21

Banned
what was wrong with it?

Healy appealed for a stumping, Lara got given out. Lara should have walked instead of whinging about the decision to the umpire, hell Ive never seen an umpire or ref change their decision unless informed otherwise by another official.

Lara was at fault in that video, Healy was not.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
what was wrong with it?

Healy appealed for a stumping, Lara got given out. Lara should have walked instead of whinging about the decision to the umpire, hell Ive never seen an umpire or ref change their decision unless informed otherwise by another official.

Yea, I mean whenever an Australian player appeals, the umpire shouldn't even have to make a decision. The other guy should just walk.

bond21

Banned
I am sure other countries have also been a victim of this.I am sure the new zelanders will agree.
Probably right, they still whinge about that perfectly LEGAL delivery like someone shot their PM or something sinister.

Get over it?

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
what was wrong with it?

lol.that was a good one.Healy knows he didnt get the ball-i guess its the norm for most australian cricketers and there winning is everything attitude.I dont think you watched the whoIe video. lara knew that Healy didnt have ball-hell he could see that the ball got away from healy-that was what he was complaining about.

bond21

Banned
Yea, I mean whenever an Australian player appeals, the umpire shouldn't even have to make a decision. The other guy should just walk.
yea way to take my words and twist them to suit your argument.

if you are given out...YOU GET OFF THE ****ING PITCH, not stand around whinging like a baby, you walk even if you know you werent out, its how order is maintained.

Hell Ganguly basically manipulated the umpires in the IPL against the Royals, look what happened there.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Too damn right. Australia, as the best side, should be given the advantage in any unclear dismissal situations. It's only fair.

bond21

Banned
lol.that was a good one.Healy knows he didnt get the ball-i guess its the norm for most australian cricketers and there winning is everything attitude.I dont think you watched the whoIe video. lara knew that Healy didnt have ball-hell he could see that the ball got away from healy-that was what he was complaining about.
Healy picked up the ball again and went for the stumps, it started to slip out, I doubt he knew he didnt have it.

Even Greg Chappell wasnt sure and he was watching a slow motion replay, yea Im sure Healy knew...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
Too damn right. Australia, as the best side, should be given the advantage in all situations.
IMO, they should win a Test match before the game starts, and what follows should just be a formality that ensures the proper result is achieved.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
IMO, they should win a Test match before the game starts, and what follows should just be a formality that ensures the proper result is achieved.
Yeah, what's the point in these forgieners even bothering to turn up to bespoil the Australian cricket scene anyway? They only make a fool of themselves.

bond21

Banned
ok i accept your apologies.

i see this totally one sided, easy, inane argument has turned into satire.

bond21

Banned
Yeah, what's the point in these forgieners even bothering to turn up to bespoil the Australian cricket scene anyway? They only make a fool of themselves.
in response to ur sig, im flattered by Heathdavid but I can assure him, im not as good as even Malcolm Marshall was, let alone all of those bowlers combined.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Shocking umpiring there, not Healy's fault it was wrongly given, unless you consider the fact he should have stumped Lara without dropping it.

Doubt this is anything to do with Healy being a cheater or Australia cheating again and again etc. purely a bad umpiring decision due to the angle he saw it from. The problem was rectified, so there you go.

Lara had a right to be pissed though, would be absolutely gutting to be given out when you actually saw the ball go nowhere near the stumps, if you look carefully you can see Lara was watching the whole ordeal.

Wonder what Healy said TBH, probably "I think I got him." fair enough really, Umpire threw his hand up long before.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
in response to ur sig, im flattered by Heathdavid but I can assure him, im not as good as even Malcolm Marshall was, let alone all of those bowlers combined.
That's mighty kind of you to say nice words about a West Indian. Clearly Mitchell Johnson in the last Test was better than Marshall too, so to call yourself inferior is quite the compliment to Marshall.