• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Next Pace Race

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Just as I could throw and not be able to get the ball down at 80mph, I highly doubt anything Anderson did could enable him to get it down that quickly.
:unsure: Using yourself not being abe to do something whensomeone with Anderson's characteristics can quite clearly possibly do it is stupid. Pretty sure he's fitter and is stronger than you. If he usually bowls in the 80s it's not out of the realm of possibility he could chuck one that fast.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It is. Being able to throw the ball that fast is pretty unusual.

I could easily have explained that without the "me" example.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This could be slightly wrong since I cannot throw with my left hand (which I bowl with) but I find it simply impossible to subtly chuck to gain more pace. It usually just hurts my elbow and comes out with less pace, if anything.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've never been entirely sure of the story in his case actually TBH. I've seen him bowl very quick, I've seen him bowl not so quick, and I've only ever seen him bowl with an action that appeared absolutely fine. So not sure what sorts of speeds he was clocking when his action was being identified as illegal, nor how long it was so for.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This could be slightly wrong since I cannot throw with my left hand (which I bowl with) but I find it simply impossible to subtly chuck to gain more pace. It usually just hurts my elbow and comes out with less pace, if anything.
Ditto. Trying to throw having been on the run can be very painful.