• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Statues around the World

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Learie Constantine deserves a statue if any West Indian does and i cant think of a better picture to model it on than this.

Well not exactly this one but there is another very similar taken from front which I cant find just now.

pasag

RTDAS
Thats a nice one.

But you know something, everything else is wrong about the Lillee statue pictures except the magnificient statue itself. And you know why? Its the setting.

All you see is the concrete and metal and glass, He looks like a character out of a science fiction movie.

Just imagine him in settings similar to the Bradman statue at Adelaide. It would look awesome and so much more appropriate.
Yeah, the MCG really is a colossus of metal, concrete and glass though if you took it from the other angle you'd get the grass area which would be nicer.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SCG installed its eighth cricket statue in January this year - that of Stan McCabe - perhaps giving us an idea of what he did to the bodyline bowling in that historic innings.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Another statue I simply love is of Benaud at the SCG, The bowler, collars up as usual, has the ball in his right hand and is signaling one of the off side fielders (perhaps a gully or a short cover) to move a bit.

Its a wonderful study and would make a great picture. I am not sure if it is kept in a great location/surrounding though.

6. Richie Benaud at the SCG

This is one of my favourites. Being at the SCG helps though

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

My personal favourite. Not only a fantastic statue, but a great picture too.
I intend, inshallah, to go on a trip to Australia (and perhaps New zealand) in the next two years, visiting the cricket grounds and intend to take pictures of the statues in these countries (and the grounds of course). Maybe if I do a decent job, I might come out with a coffee table book with these pictures. :)

Although for that it would be better to cover other countries as well, particularly England, South Africa and West Indies.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I believe their is a bowler's statue at the Lord's now. Does anyone know who is the model ?
Not sure about the model but the plaque on the statue simple states bowler IIRC. And yes, there is a corresponding statue of a batsman.