• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Statues around the World

slugger

State Vice-Captain
yes i agree .. i like you choices of hadlee better.. when i think of hadlee as a still frame.. thats the one that comes to mind..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Oh I found another picture of the Lillee statue showing it to great effect against the sky.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Before we proceed further on the pictures for statues, let me share with you some wonderful and very rare plates I came across.

Here they come one by one.

George Beldham
Surrey Batsman
1900-1907

Attachments

Matt79

Global Moderator
Thought I could make a joke here about Boycott not playing anymore so there being one less statue around the place, but everyone's taking this very seriously so far! :)

A better statue of Warne would be nice. One of these would be ok:

but the pose for his portrait is closer to capturing his presence on the field IMO:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Reggie Foster
Worcestershire and England Batsman
1897 - 1912

Scored 287 runs on debut in Tests, Then the highest score in a Test bay any batsman and remains till today, after 103 years, the highest score on debut.

Attachments

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Thought I could make a joke here about Boycott not playing anymore so there being one less statue around the place, but everyone's taking this very seriously so far! :)

A better statue of Warne would be nice. One of these would be ok:

but the pose for his portrait is closer to capturing his presence on the field IMO:
The first one is the best of the lot I think.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I was looking for a photo of Warne, lips pursed, finger crooked on chin, studying the batsman while spinning the ball to himself - that's the abiding image I remember of Warney in tests...

pasag

RTDAS
FFS Pasag go to bed. Its exam period. :p
I would if I could :(

Still have a week to go till my first and being a uni nerd throughout the semester for the first time ever by going to all the lectures, tutes and doing all the extra readings means I'm pretty set and can laugh at all you law students pulling your hair out :p

Check th AFL thread btw :p

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There used to be a weathervane at the MCG of Keith Miller playing a square cut. It was fabulous - I tried to find a picture of it but couldn't find it on the net.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Nice thread SJS. The statues outside the MCG are great. Here's one of DKL I took right after it was unveiled.
Thats a nice one.

But you know something, everything else is wrong about the Lillee statue pictures except the magnificient statue itself. And you know why? Its the setting.

All you see is the concrete and metal and glass, He looks like a character out of a science fiction movie.

Just imagine him in settings similar to the Bradman statue at Adelaide. It would look awesome and so much more appropriate.