Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Will Australia Fall into a Slump?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 25.81%
  • No

23 74.19%
Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Australia in decline thread

Banned

Kasprowickz and maybe Watson.

But i would go with Lee and Jason, they look good to me.

LOL hehehe guys its abt time you started worrying abt ur own bowling attack.
    Anyway, agree with u guyz that after mcgrath,warne there isn't much to compare. But i asure you that the aussies having their excellent systme will churn up some good bowlers
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Agreed - I don't think the well's dry yet.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket Spectator
    "But i asure you that the aussies having their excellent systme will churn up some good bowlers "

That is based on ur assumptions, u didnt even name a single bowler!

"LOL hehehe guys its abt time you started worrying abt ur own bowling attack"

first India isn't on top, secondarily, the bowlers India are playing nowdayers are all young , they can only get better but not worse!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    As an Englishman

Australia have been producing great bowlers for 100 years, there's no reason why it should stop now...

Probably some kid still playing Grade Cricket somewhere, I'd guess..

And anyone, anyone, can get worse.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Cricket Spectator
    There have been periods when their attack was thin, noone can remain on top all the time.

NOTE: I never said Ozoz wont be able to come up with good bowlers, but who exactly do u think will replace giant bowlers like McGrath/Jason/Warne.All this talk that "someone/Somewhere will do it" doesn't make any sense to me!

[Edited on 8/24/02 by BengalCat]

I think Lee along with gillespie have amazing potential, but I will have to disagree that nathan bracken is one of the competitors for being the spearhead of the attack in the time to come, Nathan Haurits looks good but he still has to improve alot and that will only be achieved through hard work and some luck to get picked on some tours at least to gain experience.
    "And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it" - Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Stuart Clark will come through and make a really good test bowler, he is in the mould of McGrath. He should be blooded soon to get some experience.

International Debutant Eyes_Only's Avatar
    Brett Lee if he keeps himself free of injury...Shane Watson might as well!!
    Simon Taufel---ICC Umpire Of The Year 2005/2006/2007

Proud Member of CW Green

Proud member of the Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team

NSW Blues---ING Cup Champions 2005/2006

3rd May 1955-19th January 2004----RIP Hookesy

"Just keep your mouth shut and I'll only have to think you're stupid." The golden rule of umpiring according to the world's best cricket umpire, Australia's Simon Taufel.

"But i asure you that the aussies having their excellent systme will churn up some good bowlers "

That is based on ur assumptions, u didnt even name a single bowler!
    True, i dont have many names to list, BUT i was just making the point that with the academies and all going on there, the odds of them finding a good/great (u ppl seem to confuse) bowler is far more then we may think.

Cricket Spectator

Crumbling Australia?

Hello All.

I'm a newbie. Hope to have some fun here.

For starters I'm wondering what you're thinking about the Aussies? Are the crumbling given the plethora of injuries they now have? Not going to India with any of their top four bowlers can hurt them badly especially if those injuries hold over for the India tour of Australia later this year.

This can mean a real start to their downfall. Or is their 'structure' too strong for them to falter?

CoverDrive

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    the structure here is great the great thing about Aussie sports teams, not just cricket teams, is that they always seem to be able to come up with that little bit extra that wins games, Today Katich took 6 wickets, previously, Langer + Gilly @ hobart, Bevan - 4 off the last ball to beat WI, and outside cricket, Thorpe in relays, Larkham in the prev WC semi, like the 3 blenesloe cups before this one etc.

back to cricket, we will be fine once people start recovering, Macgill will be back very soon, Lee will be back 3-4 weeks and McGrath for the Boxing day test, Watson i believe will be able to start bowling again ust before Christmas. Warne will be back on feb 16th . once these players come back we will be fine again, you must remember that over the last couple of years generally we have had no injuries, so we have done pretty well, its just unusual that there are so many at once, but it is of no real long term concern
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    If the injuries cause Australia to lose a few matches and allow other teams to get some confidence, I believe that it may well have an effect on the Aussies.

IMO the only major factor that separates the Australian cricket team from everyone else if their confidence. I don't think they are more talented than the rest of world and aren't necessarily better trained, but there are extremely confident that they will win no matter what. I think they owe alot to Steve Waugh in this respect.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Debutant
    Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    If the injuries cause Australia to lose a few matches and allow other teams to get some confidence, I believe that it may well have an effect on the Aussies.

IMO the only major factor that separates the Australian cricket team from everyone else if their confidence. I don't think they are more talented than the rest of world and aren't necessarily better trained, but there are extremely confident that they will win no matter what. I think they owe alot to Steve Waugh in this respect.

maybe if they lost a home test & odi series, but that ain't going to happen as they will have most of their bowling attack back for the Indian tour.

yes they are confident but they are also very professional and have an extreem will to win.

my vote as the guy responsible goes back to Bob Simpson as their Coach - IMO he's the one who got this going, while Waugh & Buchanan have refined it to it's current application.

The nucleus of this team was formed under Border. The team really started winning consistently under Taylor and by the time, Waugh took over the reins, the Aussie team was already a relentless winning machine. For sure, Waugh and Buchanan added their own refinements and even improved on their predecessors' records, but much of the spade work had already been done and the dynamic captaincy of Taylor had instilled self-belief and confidence into the team. As such I would give even more credit to Border, Taylor and Simpson than Waugh and Buchanan for the current happy state of affairs in Australian cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information