Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Will Australia Fall into a Slump?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 25.81%
  • No

23 74.19%
Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Australia in decline thread

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    In order to be the best, you have to learn from the best. That has been Australia for the last 20 years, certainly (with a few minor hiccups).
    In the sixties and seventies, the West Indies reigned supreme, although the South Africa side of the late 1960's seemed to have the greatest balance of any team I have ever seen.

Could England become the best? Doubtful, but that shouldn't stop them from trying.

Pakistan? They certainly seem to have a pretty reasonable conveyor belt of fast bowlers, and I have always thought that a team of great bowlers will have the edge over a team of great batsmen.

India? See my previous comment about bowlers and Pakistan.

South Africa seem to be in a rebuilding process at present. Shaun Pollock is a magnificent bowler, and any attack which has the likes of Ntini and Kallis in it cannot be discounted. They have also (today) appointed Graeme Pollock as batting coach to the UCBSA, which is one of the more sensible appointments I have heard of recently.

West Indies? No.

Sri Lanka? No.

Canada?

Zimbabwe? No.

New Zealand? About the same chance as England. Bowling has depth, but not 'strength in depth'.

In short, Pakistan might, South Africa could, the rest... hmmmmm.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Eng got blasted by the Aussies, Pak got r@ped by the Ozoz, on the other hand it was only India that gave Aus the kicks!!

In two-three yrs, India will be right at the top of cricket world!

U19 Cricketer

Eng got blasted by the Aussies, Pak got r@ped by the Ozoz, on the other hand it was only India that gave Aus the kicks!!

In two-three yrs, India will be right at the top of cricket world!

lol..what are hinting here ?

lets see..

englang > india > aus >pak and SA

So shall we say england is the world champion.Dude what ever we might think we have not won a single series in 17 yrs. Infact we have won only 2 overseas tests outside subcontinent in the last 17 yrs.

So lets hope they atleast dont get whitewashed and put up a fight.

We got a good decent team...but mentally we lack discipline and strength. So hope fully we can put it together soon. But becoming the greatest in 2 or 3 yrs is a pipe dream. Coz we still dont have a single FAST bowler.
    "We've been doubling sales every 18 months. However, when you start from zero, it takes a long while." -- Stephen Yeo, a marketing director at Windows-terminal manufacturer Wyse, explaining his company's less-than-meteoric rise, to ZDNet UK

You can take invididual occurrences and extrapolate what you want from them.

Using that logic, Sri Lanka should be world-beaters now because they scored 952/6 against India in 1997.

Doesn't work for me.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Lucky,
    BUT SL didn't win that match!!

Not have a single fast bowler??? Khan,Nehra and Youhannan aren't good seamers i guess.U don't really have to have an express fast bowler in ur test squad to be the best.All India need is good experianced pacers, and i believe that in two yrs they will be right at the top.

I do think that with punjab players in the team (Yuvraj,Sehwag) & players like Kaif,Indian team will become mentally tougher, forget the past, India have a bright future :X

Hope so.

I wouldn't discount India tomorrow, but then again I wouldn't discount England on the grounds that 'our' seam attack is weakened.

India's seam attack isn't great as yet, but I can remember on a tour over here many years ago they had to go to the Lancashire league for a seamer to open the bowling alongside Abid Ali (Madan Lal).
    In those days, though, the seamer's job was just to get rid of the shine, then enter Chandra, Prasanna, Bedi, Venkat....

Brits have an ageing squad.I mean Alec,Nasir,Gough(?),Butcher and Thorpe won't be there for long.

In contrast India have a young squad that will get better and better with time,Nath is alrady out and Khan,Nehra,Youhannan and Ajit are bound to improve

U19 12th Man
    Not have a single fast bowler??? Khan,Nehra and Youhannan aren't good seamers i guess.
    We don't have a single truly World Class match winning fast bowler.
    "Life is just a demo... but I still can't afford the full version"

For some fun visit my website - http://www.smilehouse.cjb.net
    * Software * Online Games * Pranks * Wallpapers * Source Code * and lots more :)

Cricket Spectator

I generally agree with Jaspal, in few yrs India will be at the top.Guys like Kaif,Khan,Yuvraj,Youhannan and Nehra have the potential to answer their critics

State Vice-Captain The Argonaut's Avatar
    In the glory days of Indian spin that Eddie mentions with the likes of Bedi, Chandra, Venkat and Prasanna, India opened the bowling on occasions with Sunil Gavaskar. The shine was gone after a couple of overs no doubt .

Who knows who is going to be good in a few years. Talent doesn't necessarily mean that quality test cricketers will be produced. It's a hard game and more than a few young hopefuls have fallen by the wayside. You need to keep the balance right. Australia is heading into the too old category and will need to blood some youth in the not too distant future if they are to continue at the top.

Cricket Spectator

Who will spearhead Aussie attack after McGrath???

Who will?????????????
    By that time, Flemming,Warne,McGill will all be gone.Jason is injury prone, while Lee has been more of a dissapointment.Will Aussies attack be weakened after McGrath??
    Or will be able Lee/Jason form a good opening attack?

Cricket Spectator

Nah, Aus are getting older, they can't remain at top for long.

I think India have a balanced team, a fine blend of world class batsmen,spinners and pacers.All they need is a good opener and a good pacer to open the bowling with tiger Khan!

I feel the urgency already !

Cricket Spectator

Yeah man, it looks a bit scary already.But they have Bracken and an offspinner comming up, it won't be the same but the attack won't be crap either

Binga and Jason!

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information