• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand set for high tech makeover

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
yeah interesting story, I cant believe it took someone this long to think of that. I also cant believe that their are no rules concerning this sort of thing so u could put a piece of sandpaper in the trouser and get it to swing like crazy.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
yeah interesting story, I cant believe it took someone this long to think of that. I also cant believe that their are no rules concerning this sort of thing so u could put a piece of sandpaper in the trouser and get it to swing like crazy.
I don't think you can have sandpaper in the pants...but if the pants are made of sandpaper....

Of course, if you're man enough to wear sandpaper pants and actually run around in them....well let's just say you better have already had kids.

But as he said, just have a patch of sandpaper built into the pants...

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I don't think you can have sandpaper in the pants...but if the pants are made of sandpaper....

Of course, if you're man enough to wear sandpaper pants and actually run around in them....well let's just say you better have already had kids.

But as he said, just have a patch of sandpaper built into the pants...
Lance Klusener has.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm interesting, I too am surprised its never been considered before. I'd say if it has a notable effect on the ball the law would soon be altered though. Personally I'd rather NZ fix their batting issues that killed us in the second test than mess about with trousers which apparently increase performance by 2.7%.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The technology my be new but the concept isnt.

Its been around for years.

Apologies for the quality of the pic but I just pulled these old cricket trousers out of the closet and it is 1am. :)

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Material that scuffs the ball up is illigal. These trousers only help with shining the ball not making it rougher.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
is 2.7% enough to win.. did we only lose the last match by 2.7% .. did our batsmen all need to score 2.7% more than they did or is the whole team only short by 2.7% .. if the other team wears this clothing every ones back on the same level..??

Flem274*

123/5
I'll be vry interested in the reaction if we win. Thank God we're not playing India. Test status would be stripped imediately.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Honestly, how stupid to try and put percentages on how much it'll increase performance by. 8-)

If it helps the ball swing more it could easily increase the performance of several bowlers by marked amounts.

Anyway as I've said before, I'm in favour of anything that gets a better shine on the ball and thus helps swing, so I hope this a) works and b) soon becomes commonplace. I'd like to see the regulation that tries to reverse it too. Be almost as impossible to ban certain fabrics (or even just additions to the fabrics) as it would to ban mints being sucked.