• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
We've got this thread for off-season stuff, and we'll start up a thread at the appropriate time of the year for the seasonal stuff. Thanks.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Thanks for that mate. :D

Looking forward to this season, will be one of the best yet. I don't think New South Wales will be able win, or even make the final, because the vast majority of our players will be away on tour or completing national duty's, including the captain, 3 fast bowlers, a spinner, the main keeper, and a load of batsmen as well. Signs are not looking good, and will be relying on juniors to pull them through.

pup11

International Coach
Thanks for that mate. :D

Looking forward to this season, will be one of the best yet. I don't think New South Wales will be able win, or even make the final, because the vast majority of our players will be away on tour or completing national duty's, including the captain, 3 fast bowlers, a spinner, the main keeper, and a load of batsmen as well. Signs are not looking good, and will be relying on juniors to pull them through.
Henriques, Hughes and Forrest to come good this season me thinks.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Henriques, Hughes and Forrest to come good this season me thinks.
Henriques will be injured for at least 50% of the season, Forrest will be ridiculously inconsistent as usual (You know, 0, 1, 1, 11, 23, 0, 190, 4, 7, 1, 0, 0, 0, 145*).

Hughes the only real hope imo.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Cameron could do well with the ball, will need to stand up, he will have pressure on him to perform, as will Bracken when he is in the side. We really need Hauritz/Casson to pick up some wickets, or find another bowler who will be consistent. Our batting is already fricked, but with the bowl, we are looking promising, when you consider Bollinger, Lee, Clark, Bracken, Casson etc play for Australia at various times.

Spinksy

Banned
To be honest I can't wait for New South Wales's first match up against Western Australia on the 10th of October, it should be a thriller as usual. I hope to see New South Wales win this one but it may be a different story considering that it's being held at the WACA in Perth. The Warriors have a very strong batting line up in hand and have an excellent record at home, so the will be giving us a run for your money and the fans, their money's worth. All in all though it's set to be a cracker of a match and many cricketing people around the area are very anxious.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Nah, imo Western Australia will topple us quite easily, we have a dire line up, if we come higher than second last this season I will be reasonably happy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anyone want to have a crack at likely lineups for the start of the season?
The lineups will be without our Test squad, but should feature ODI players.

pup11

International Coach
Pretty excited about this season, with some places up for grabs in the national side it would be pretty interesting to see whether some of the younger blokes step-up and make a mark, i am also keen to see whether the spinners can make an impact, i hope they have done some work on their bowling in the off-season, but i am not really getting my hopes up in that regard.

Players who i really want to see come good this season are, Hughes, Casson, Pomersbach, Tait, Ronchi, Wade, Hilfenhaus and Cosgrove

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pretty excited about this season, with some places up for grabs in the national side it would be pretty interesting to see whether some of the younger blokes step-up and make a mark, i am also keen to see whether the spinners can make an impact, i hope they have done some work on their bowling in the off-season, but i am not really getting my hopes up in that regard.

Players who i really want to see come good this season are, Hughes, Casson, Pomersbach, Tait, Ronchi, Wade, Hilfenhaus and Cosgrove
Yeah I'm really excited too.

So glad to have Fox this time round, as I didn't last season.

It's going to be interesting to see how the retirements/suspensions of Gillespie, Kasprowicz, Maher, Lehmann, Langer, Di Venuto etc will have an effect on the standard of the competition.

Agree with most of the names you've mentioned.

I would also like to see Ryan Broad, George Bailey do well too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How well attended are domestic matches down under? Tell myself this every winter but am going to try and keep an eye on things down there this winter.

Would be good if we had the odd bit of coverage tttt