• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh OK cool :)

NSW 12 man squad announced for the One Dayer against WA in Perth next week.

Dominic Thornely (capt), Nathan Bracken, Aaron Bird, Mark Cameron, Peter Forrest, Nathan Hauritz, Phillip Hughes, Grant Lambert, Stephen O'Keefe, Daniel Smith, Steven Smith, David Warner.

Happy with the make up?

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
No Mosies pretty pissed, though I think he is injuried though. Hopefully Bird is 12th man, would rather even Lambert ahead of him. Hopefully Thornley grows some balls and bats up the order and doesn't leave it to even less mediocre batsmen like Lambert or Smith.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No Mosies pretty pissed, though I think he is injuried though. Hopefully Bird is 12th man, would rather even Lambert ahead of him. Hopefully Thornley grows some balls and bats up the order and doesn't leave it to even less mediocre batsmen like Lambert or Smith.
Yeah the side looks like it needs one extra batsmen, Thornley could and should bat in the top 4.

Where is Usman Khawaja, must have been close to getting selected same too Ed Cowan who has looked OK in a few games.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Warner is ****. Would bat him at 11 and not give him a bowl if he was in my side.
I've heard he's a bit of a ****, but he's regarded as a pretty talented bloke tbh. Did he do your misses or have you just seen him playing **** regularly?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't there a better keeper/bat in all of NSW than Fatty Smith?
Nah we had to bring in two Victorians just in case he got injuried or score no runs like we all know he will.

Yeah the side looks like it needs one extra batsmen, Thornley could and should bat in the top 4.

Where is Usman Khawaja, must have been close to getting selected same too Ed Cowan who has looked OK in a few games.
Would have though Khawaja would have played ahead of Forrest. A lot more suited to ODs and can play as opener. Though Forrest can open as well if required.

Cowan fallen down the pecking order after a string a poor matches last season.

Really hope Bird doesn't make the eleven. Can't believe he's still in the mix.
There not reall anyone else as ****ley and Coyte are as crap. Hazlewood not ready yet. Needs atleast a couple 2nd XI matches first.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah we had to bring in two Victorians just in case he got injuried or score no runs like we all know he will.

Would have though Khawaja would have played ahead of Forrest. A lot more suited to ODs and can play as opener. Though Forrest can open as well if required.

Cowan fallen down the pecking order after a string a poor matches last season.

There not reall anyone else as ****ley and Coyte are as crap. Hazlewood not ready yet. Needs atleast a couple 2nd XI matches first.
Yeah, ****ley has accuracy problems and a reputation for bowling short constantly. I think I've only seen him bowl one ball in my entire life though so I'm not going to crucify him. Coyte > Bird IMHO. Picking another batsman and making Thornely or Smith bowl 10 overs > Bird as well. I'd seriously have preferred it if we kept Dan Christian in NSW and gave him ten overs than use Bird; at least he'd strengthen the lower order batting...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Coyte, ****ley and Bird are all pretty much all the same. They bowl fast, but can't get more then two bowls a spell on the stumps. It just we probably have seen more of Bird's direness compared to the other two.

With Cameron, Bracken, Lambert, Smith, O'Keefe and Hauritz you got 50 overs easy and Thornley if required. With the amount of all rounders in that side, it seems a tad pointless to play a weaklink as an extra seamer. Though I would be surprised if Bird doesn't play.

It will be toss up between Smith, O'Keefe and Lambert for 2nd all rounders spot. O'Keefe likely to be 12th man as he probably the weakest with bat and bowl out of those three.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Side-strain, 6 weeks, I read somewhere not that long ago.

Jakester1288

International Regular
With Cameron, Bracken, Lambert, Smith, O'Keefe and Hauritz you got 50 overs easy and Thornley if required. With the amount of all rounders in that side, it seems a tad pointless to play a weaklink as an extra seamer. Though I would be surprised if Bird doesn't play.
Last season Hauritz was bowling fairly dire, and was going for a fair few runs in the Ford Ranger Cup. I didn't see him bowl much, mainly highlights, where he was being ripped to pieces by the oppositions batsmen. Is this correct?