• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I say it so often that when I've finally got reason to rub it in, it seems like a tautology.

Best bloke, it's only because I wish him the best that I hope he makes it for Australia at some point; personally though, I just love seeing him play for WA.
Distinctly remember being shouted down when I said I rated North myself. "FTB!" was the cry. Looked in sensational touch against SA in the FR game in Adelaide.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm going to jump on the bandwagon basically, but rate North, just quietly. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Baggy Green.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm going to jump on the bandwagon basically, but rate North, just quietly. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Baggy Green.
I would like to see Marcus North in the Australian team now, in front of Andrew Symonds at number 6 in the order.

North is a good spin bowler, he's better than Symonds and I'd back him over Symonds batting-wise at the moment who really isn't in any sort of form.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I would like to see Marcus North in the Australian team now, in front of Andrew Symonds at number 6 in the order.

North is a good spin bowler, he's better than Symonds and I'd back him over Symonds batting-wise at the moment who really isn't in any sort of form.
There are a few people who'd I'd rather see ahead of Symonds. David Hussey and Marcus North are at the top of the list.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I thought QLD were going to be the dud team of the season. They have attained maximum points from dispirited NSW outift. I'm not sure how much of an impact the loss of Forest's father had on the team. Either way, the team resembles NZ sides of the late 1990s and early 2000s; plenty of all-rounders who aren't really do anything.

I'd like to see NSW retain Khawaja at the top. But I don't know what they can do with Henriques and S. Smith. Neither are contributing in either discipline to retain their place in the team. I'm not sure if there are better batsmen in NSW than Henriques (to dislodge him), but surely there are better than S. Smith?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I thought QLD were going to be the dud team of the season. They have attained maximum points from dispirited NSW outift. I'm not sure how much of an impact the loss of Forest's father had on the team. Either way, the team resembles NZ sides of the late 1990s and early 2000s; plenty of all-rounders who aren't really do anything.

I'd like to see NSW retain Khawaja at the top. But I don't know what they can do with Henriques and S. Smith. Neither are contributing in either discipline to retain their place in the team. I'm not sure if there are better batsmen in NSW than Henriques (to dislodge him), but surely there are better than S. Smith?
There are couple better bats Jaques, Katich, Clarke oh wait.

Considering Ed Cowan has a decent FC record in the middle order, he would be worth a shot. Rohrer very unlucky as batsmen, but hasn't scored many runs in Grade cricket. But considering what O'Brien and Cooper have done in SA, he would be given another run. That bit of extra grade experience could help. Then you have Warner and Henry, but neither seem ready for FC cricket. After that it just more all rounders like O'Keefe, or Robson.

Whoever you pick will probably be pretty inconsistent, but Cowan and Rohrer have more established techniques at this level and some potential in the past. They should be the guys the selectors go to imo.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Rogers follows up North's 2 centuries in the match with 2 of his own. Hussey made 87.

Vics require 103 more to win.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
There are couple better bats Jaques, Katich, Clarke oh wait.

Considering Ed Cowan has a decent FC record in the middle order, he would be worth a shot. Rohrer very unlucky as batsmen, but hasn't scored many runs in Grade cricket. But considering what O'Brien and Cooper have done in SA, he would be given another run. That bit of extra grade experience could help. Then you have Warner and Henry, but neither seem ready for FC cricket. After that it just more all rounders like O'Keefe, or Robson.

Whoever you pick will probably be pretty inconsistent, but Cowan and Rohrer have more established techniques at this level and some potential in the past. They should be the guys the selectors go to imo.
Poor research clearly; Ben Rohrer - 386 runs @ 64

Some other batsmen that might be considered:
Peter Maraziotis - 433 @ 54 (Former NSW 2nds Batsmen)
Jon Moss - 428 @ 61
James Packman - 406 @ 64 (Played a couple games a few years back)
James Crosthwaite - 346 @ 49 (Adam's brother and current reserve keeper)
Anthony Clark - 391 @ 48 (Hat trick for Australia in the 90s, learnt how to bat it seems)

Would love to see Moss get a chance. Moss > Thornley tbh.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Poor research clearly; Ben Rohrer - 386 runs @ 64

Some other batsmen that might be considered:
Peter Maraziotis - 433 @ 54 (Former NSW 2nds Batsmen)
Jon Moss - 428 @ 61
James Packman - 406 @ 64 (Played a couple games a few years back)
James Crosthwaite - 346 @ 49 (Adam's brother and current reserve keeper)
Anthony Clark - 391 @ 48 (Hat trick for Australia in the 90s, learnt how to bat it seems)

Would love to see Moss get a chance. Moss > Thornley tbh.

It was Anthony Stuart mate, you got the wrong part of Stuart Clark.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Anthony Stuart's 38 and coaching Wellington in NZ...

Rogers couldn't have picked a better time to double ton-up.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The really sad thing is that I've been following this Anthony Clark for about four seasons in grade cricket, cus I thought he was that Anthony Stuart. Bloody hell I blame the English and their inability to thing for more then 10 names. Lankan names > Australia names any day of week. On that note Ahillen Beadle also scoring runs. Surprised he didn't jump on the IPL train and try his luck with Tamil Nadu.

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
West End Redbacks sqaud agaisnt the Bulls. On Friday

Manou
Borgas
Christian
Ferguson
George
Harris
Khan
Klinger
O’Brien
Rofe
Tait
Wise

In: Christian, Harris, Khan, Rofe and Tait Out: Putland (injured), Cooper, Smith and Cullen

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Harsh should have given Cooper a decent run imo, especially as there is no openers in SA. Klinger to stop scoring runs now he has open. I wonder who will open with him Borgas, Christain or Ferguson.