• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Does anyone want to have a crack at likely lineups for the start of the season?
The lineups will be without our Test squad, but should feature ODI players.
Victoria
FC
Rogers
Jewell
Hodge
Hussey
White
McDonald
Wade+
McKay
Harwood
McGain
Siddle

OD
Rogers
Quiney
Hodge
Hussey
White
McDonald
Crosthwaite+
Harwood
McGain
Siddle
Nannes

To be honest, the pace bowling choices are wide open, with McKay, Siddle, Nannes, Wright there and abouts. Quiney, Finch and Blizzard to get their chances when the ODI players are away, which they hopefully will be to provide a chance for experience. Wade and Crosthwaite battle will be interesting again.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone want to have a crack at likely lineups for the start of the season?
The lineups will be without our Test squad, but should feature ODI players.
Sheffield Shield
R Broad
N Kruger
M Love
A Symonds
J Hopes
C Simpson
A Noffke
R Le Loux
C Hartley
R Harris
G Sullivan

Ford Ranger
J Hopes
S Paulsen
A Symonds
C Perren
C Simpson
A Nye/G Battichiotto
L Carseldine
A Noffke
C Hartley
G Sullivan
S Brant

Bichel won't be fit by the first game of the season. Watson and Hayden on national duty.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sheffield Shield
R Broad
N Kruger
M Love
A Symonds
J Hopes
C Simpson
A Noffke
R Le Loux
C Hartley
R Harris
G Sullivan
I would go with:

1 R Broad
2 G Moller
3 M Love
4 A Symonds
5 C Perren
6 J Hopes
7 A Noffke
8 C Simpson
9 C Hartley
10 R Harris
11 G Sullivan

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Philipson won't play OD stuff? What's happened to Reardon?
Phillipson didn't get a QLD Contract.
* Chris Simpson (c)
* Andy Bichel
* Ryan Broad
* Glen Batticciotto
* Daniel Doran :scared:
* Chris Hartley
* Nathan Reardon
* Nick Kruger
* Martin Love
* Greg Moller
* Scott Brant
* Aaron Nye
* Clinton Perren
* Lee Carseldine
* Nathan Rimmington
* Ben Laughlin
* Chris Swan
* Ben Cutting
* Grant Sullivan
* Ryan Harris

Rookie contracts.
* Cameron Boyce * Michael Johnson * Wade Townsend * Dom O'Brien* Scott Walter * Worrin Williams * Alister McDermott

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I would go with:

1 R Broad
2 G Moller
3 M Love
4 A Symonds
5 C Perren
6 J Hopes
7 A Noffke
8 C Simpson
9 C Hartley
10 R Harris
11 G Sullivan
Na, Kruger's a total gun. Just needs a proper chance in the state side. [/Valley bias]

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Na, Kruger's a total gun. Just needs a proper chance in the state side. [/Valley bias]
Yeah perhaps if Martin Love doesn't get a run.

Love reminds me of golfer Ian Baker Finch, the biggest case of the yipes in a long time. Decent once he gets passed 10 though I suppose.

Also, what are your thoughts on Simpson being Captain? I don't mind him in OD as captain, but not a big fan of his for the Shield.

He's not a good enough bowler or batter, hope he doesn't do an Adcock.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
No I think Simpson is good enough to get picked on merits, unlike Adcock. Probably our best spinner but he's got no competition. Would have been high up the list of run scorers last year, again helped by Queensland's performance. Haven't seen enough of his actual captaincy to comment but I certainly don't have a problem with his selection at this point.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No I think Simpson is good enough to get picked on merits, unlike Adcock. Probably our best spinner but he's got no competition. Would have been high up the list of run scorers last year, again helped by Queensland's performance. Haven't seen enough of his actual captaincy to comment but I certainly don't have a problem with his selection at this point.
Simpson 498 runs @ 27.66.

Sadly he was high up on the list, in 3rd place in total runs scored. :@

Also with Simpson he took 7 wickets @ 104.14. Even Doran was slightly better bowling wise. 10 wickets @ 73.80.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
FC
Davis
Marsh
*North
Voges
Pomersbach
Bandy
+Ronchi
Heal
Dorey
Magoffin
Edmondson

OD
+Ronchi
Marsh
*North
Voges
Pomersbach
Doropoulos
Bandy
Heal
Dorey
Magoffin
Edmondson

Would be unsurprised to see Johnson play quite a bit if he has a poor Indian tour.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not even going to speculate on line-up for SA in either form; could be anything. Manou will keep, Younis Khan will probably bat 4, Tait will kill someone. Suspect Andy Delmont will be given more of a go this year and the imports will likely start the season in the XI. Aside from that, ?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just regarding the 1000 spectators to a OD match, that figure sounded way short [at least for Brisbane anyways] and I just found a website which shows that the average crowd is 7551 for QLD Bulls OD matches.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Average Crowds since 2003 for Domestic One Day matches in Australia
GABBA 7551
WACA 5765
SCG 4053
MCG 3583
Adelaide Oval 3119
Bellerive Oval 1296