• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

pup11

International Coach
Ronchi axed by Western Australia

Big blow this for Luke Ronchi, and kind of feel bad for him, he is an exciting player to watch when on song, but this season he has touched a new low even by his own inconsistent standards, hopefully this axing would help him bounce back as a better player.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Haberfield and Cranmer to make first class debuts
12/02/2009
Jake Haberfield is set to make his first class debut fresh from his stand out bowling performance, taking 3/30, in the Ford Ranger Cup match against the Warriors last Sunday.

Also selected in the Redbacks squad is Michael Cranmer who competed in the Australian Under 19’s World Cup series held in February/March last year. Cranmer is also set to make his first class debut.

Redbacks v the Bulls Weet-Bix Sheffield Shield, Adelaide Oval, 13-16 Feb

Harris
Smith
Klinger
Borgas
Cosgrove
Manou

O’Brien
Bailey
Cleary
Haberfield
George
Cranmer

Out: Cooper (injured), Christian (injured), Weeks (injured), Ferguson (Australian duties), Cullen (omitted) In: Smith, Cosgrove, Bailey, Haberfield (debut), Cranmer (debut).

Play commences at 10.30am

Fair bit of changes

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ronchi axed by Western Australia

Big blow this for Luke Ronchi, and kind of feel bad for him, he is an exciting player to watch when on song, but this season he has touched a new low even by his own inconsistent standards, hopefully this axing would help him bounce back as a better player.
Heard he got dropped not for his batting, but for the stupid amount of drop catches he puts down each game.

pup11

International Coach
Heard he got dropped not for his batting, but for the stupid amount of drop catches he puts down each game.
Does that in FC games, because haven't seen him drop many in OD and T20 games.:unsure:

Redbacks recall Bailey and Cosgrove

Is Bailey being picked just because Cullen is crap, or is he carrying some form from grade cricket, tbh O'Brien can do as good a job as him or Cullen, so don't know why they should be picking any spinner at all.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, if Ronchi is in such bad form. Which other keeper is stepping, who could probably be considered internatioanl quality??

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If they had to pick someone for a test tomorrow they'd probably still pick Ronchi.

Tim Paine can bat but his keeping is shoddy. If push came to shove I'd probably go with Manou, in both forms.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bailey is always gun in Grade cricket.
Neither he nor Cossie have been gun this year in grade cricket. They've been picked because there ain't a whole lot to choose from right now. You have the choice between seam-up medium-fast bowlers or spinners who dart into the pads and restrict the scoring. And the batters in second XI are having to take wickets in the A's to get a spot in second XI because their batting ain't doing it alone. Aside from the guys already in the side, no-one else is kicking down the door for selection.

Played a game of indoor cricket last week with Shane George, used to open the bowling for SA. Even at 38, he still sends them down. If he was regularly bowling for a club right now, on pace alone, he'd be in contention. That's how bad it is right now....

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If they had to pick someone for a test tomorrow they'd probably still pick Ronchi.

Tim Paine can bat but his keeping is shoddy. If push came to shove I'd probably go with Manou, in both forms.
Crosthwaite for mine in ODIs, He was scoring runs before he had to bat in the top 5.

Hartley would be a good bet in Tests, as he is scoring runs now and for mine is a better keeper then Manou.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Crosthwaite for mine in ODIs, He was scoring runs before he had to bat in the top 5.

Hartley would be a good bet in Tests, as he is scoring runs now and for mine is a better keeper then Manou.
Yeah I think Manou would be closer to what the selecters would pick, simply because he's a more reliable bat. Yet Hartley would be the best pure wicket keeper in the country at the moment (including Haddin).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nah the selectors would pick Paine anyday of the week. If they cared about keeping standards they would have never picked Ronchi in the first place. It all about who the best batsmen is and that is Paine by a far margin.

Spikey

McDonald out of today's OD game with a hamstring. Weakens the already weak Victorian batting line up....

Top_Cat

SA going well after a slow start against QLD, Mass is on 90 and he and Cosgrove have been going at 4-per-over. Symonds off the field icing his knee (!).

pup11

International Coach
McDonald out of today's OD game with a hamstring. Weakens the already weak Victorian batting line up....
Though Rogers coming back into the team helps their cause a bit, anyways another breezy knock from Warner today, would have been great had he gone onto turn it into a big one.