• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Asif held in Dubai

FRAZ

International Captain
****ing thread re-opened . Opium is a widely used ingredient in the "ayurvedic" or traditional medicines of India. Caught him for that !
**** him if he used for enhancement of any type but personal usage for recreational and spiritual purposes is ok .........

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sounds like it.

A pretty sweet deal, once you reach a certain level of performance on the cricket field laws no longer apply to you. Nice.
Don't really know why anyone's surprised. It's long been the case that the rich and famous can sometimes get away with far more than the common peasant. Don't always see people shouting their mouth off about it, of course, but it's hardly new news.

That said, though, as I say I'm not sorry to hear about anyone escaping from what seem to be utterly absurdly OTT punishments that UAE mete-out.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Complete farce but was always going to be the way. Too much behind the scenes politics for him ever to be detailed long term.

I dont like how Pakistan cricket and its cricketers appear to be national representatives
that are icons rather than people.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't understand why nothing isbeing done to change the attitude and image of the PCB.
I think you'll find that the PCB will come under extreme pressure to punish Asif.

Their response will dictate whether things have changed or not

Matt79

Global Moderator
Don't really know why anyone's surprised. It's long been the case that the rich and famous can sometimes get away with far more than the common peasant. Don't always see people shouting their mouth off about it, of course, but it's hardly new news.

That said, though, as I say I'm not sorry to hear about anyone escaping from what seem to be utterly absurdly OTT punishments that UAE mete-out.
Power to them. Hang any **** bringing drugs into your country I say.

social

With all due respect, I will believe it when I see it.
Of course and unfortunately they're already floating excuses such as "any action will depend on whether he was actually charged"

Ffs, he was caught red handed (and what they found is now a matter of public record) and deported

Btw, I find it interesting that he was caught as when you arrive in Dubai there arent obvious signs of drug controls such as sniffer dogs, etc which are prevalent elsewhere.

Leads me to believe that he was either acting very strangely or the authorities here were tipped off

FRAZ

International Captain
Opium is a patent ingredient in the traditional medicine practice just like alcohol in homeopathy . I know what he was carrying and that was a kushta which usually includes opium which stimulates your muscles (bed needs) and is like a light street drug or some thing nothing serious and has nothing to do with the enhancement . Can only explain to the person who knows and has tried the thing ..
Sounds pretty big for big ears and small brains but that's how the system is there and it's not like that "FFS red handed thing" . Pencil dragging clerks with race based literary ideologies and who are just paper lions and face to face who are just average Joes ,cannot understand the realities some times and they just jump to the home made conclusions .

social

Opium is a patent ingredient in the traditional medicine practice just like alcohol in homeopathy . I know what he was carrying and that was a kushta which usually includes opium which stimulates your muscles (bed needs) and is like a light street drug or some thing nothing serious and has nothing to do with the enhancement . Can only explain to the person who knows and has tried the thing ..
Sounds pretty big for big ears and small brains but that's how the system is there and it's not like that "FFS red handed thing" . Pencil dragging clerks with race based literary ideologies and who are just paper lions and face to face who are just average Joes ,cannot understand the realities some times and they just jump to the home made conclusions .
Yeah, racist bastards.

How dare they deport a drug smuggler

haroon510

International 12th Man

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
....but we dont have to believe it, do we.

The 'poor guy' might just have taken some recreational drugs

.....or he may have just taken some pain killers not knowing what they contain

.....maybe his mom gave him something

......maybe it was Lalit Modi's urine that got mixed with Asif's sample

How can a guy with such an innocent looking face be taking performance enhancing drugs? :-O

Come one, the guy is not a "cheat". People who say it are casting a slur on a nation and a people. :@

He does not deserve a life ban - a one year ban maybe, starting from Jan last - most certainly :dry: