• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 25-31 May 2008

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Congratulations to the following:

Simon - 19,000
biased indian - 6,000
Bobisback - 2,000
sledger - 10,000
GeraintIsMyHero - 8,000
headhunter - 3,000
SJS - 14,000
ret - 1,000

The CW Awards Team

roseboy64 (Milestones & Jeff Thomson)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh/Lillee)
Son Of Coco (Skull)
SJS (Agarkar/Mohammed)
PhoenixFire (Jimmy Adams & FIAB)

All Awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net. PLEASE NOMINATE guys, we judges don’t read every thread and it’s easy to miss hugely worthy stuff.

Best Of The Best

The Shahid Afridi Award (Best post of the week)
Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long to be great viewing.
And the Winner is: Venter for this, again I’m afraid I picked this, if you disagree please let me know.

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: Craig for this. Stops the stats boys from having a say, so a rare thing based on personal opinion. :p

The Skull Award (Funniest post of the week)
Just like the king of the one-liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious.
And the Winner is: Neil Pickup for this, :laugh:

The Garfield Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week)
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winner is: pasag, been around the boards this week, has our esteemed Vice-Admin Mr Gelman.

The Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week)
Will he ever live down that “I intend to make them grovel” prediction re- the West Indies in 1976?
And the Winner is: dave.a7x for this. Special mention too, on this Greigy comeback week, to Top_Cat for this.

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week)
We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he knew twice as much as Richie.
And the Winner is: no Award this week, been very little in the way out outstanding posting the last seven days.

The Agarkar/Mohammed Award (“At least they’re trying” award)
Just like Ajit Agarkar and Dave Mohammed, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them.
And the Winner is: sirdj, even though he has been a member for a while and has a hundred odd posts. I am sure if the awards hadn’t been off for so long he would have been recognised earlier.

The Sajid Mahmood Award (Best rant of the week)
Following Saj's outburst after the Third Ashes Test 2006\07, and no Saj, we didn't know what you were doing out there either, it was a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves.
And the Winner is: Sir Redman for this, wowee. :blink:

The Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week)
In 1981 Rodney Marsh and Dennis Lillee took odds of 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um, lost.
And the Winner is: sudhindra9 for this, correctly predicting all the IPL finalists Blake tells me. Not that I was taking any notice. :ph34r:

The Jeff Thomson Award (“Whooooooooosh”)
Thommo was both very quick and not very smart, so hence could conceivably have had plenty of things going over his head. He’s very fitting for a “whoooooooosh”.
And the Winner is: Jakester1288 for this, :laugh: is about all that can be said TBH.

Please remember, these Awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Jeff Thomson Award (“Whooooooooosh”)
Thommo was both very quick and not very smart, so hence could conceivably have had plenty of things going over his head. He’s very fitting for a “whoooooooosh”.
And the Winner is: Jakester1288 for this, :laugh: is about all that can be said TBH.
Gold, pure Gold. :laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Will never win a CC award if I can't for the last week. Made about four or five solid predictions, but were IPL-based so I guess that makes sense. They were actually during the week in question aswell. :p

Goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blake evidently fancied sudhindra9 ahead of you.

Anyone who posts all that often will have a pretty decent chance of winning something though TBH.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm not looking for a relationship dang it. Just the occasional award.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I'm a little dissappointed I never won an award for my debut post, it took me long enough to write!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You're a decent shout - very decent in fact - for a Hussey very soon, provided you stick around. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

The Agarkar/Mohammed Award (“At least they’re trying” award)
Just like Ajit Agarkar and Dave Mohammed, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them.
And the Winner is: sirdj, even though he has been a member for a while and has a hundred odd posts. I am sure if the awards hadn’t been off for so long he would have been recognised earlier.

Just a minor clarification. That should have read "hundred odd extra posts" (over and above the criteria of 500 max)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just a minor clarification. That should have read "hundred odd extra posts" (over and above the criteria of 500 max)
No, no, there's no posts criterion for the Agarkar\Mohammed. I've been given it before, with 30,000-odd posts and 40,000-odd too. That's why I removed the "extra" from the sentence in your email. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
No, no, there's no posts criterion for the Agarkar\Mohammed. I've been given it before, with 30,000-odd posts and 40,000-odd too. That's why I removed the "extra" from the sentence in your email. :)
Thanks for clarifying. It does make the job of selection so much easier.:)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done to all those successful in receiving an award this week! (I'm sure one day I'll be up on the illustrious list ;) )

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm so sure you've won one before. :unsure: Can't think what it might've been, and I'm not about to check back through the 40 or 50 Awards threads, but I'm pretty sure I gave you something sometime myself.

Post in the tour thread during the upcoming Test and you're always a decent shout for a Boycs. :p

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Congrats to all the winners.

Xavier you bloody have time to find the milestones of forum members yet no time for Dev league, should resign IMO :ph34r:.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm so sure you've won one before. :unsure: Can't think what it might've been, and I'm not about to check back through the 40 or 50 Awards threads, but I'm pretty sure I gave you something sometime myself.

Post in the tour thread during the upcoming Test and you're always a decent shout for a Boycs. :p
Ah really? I'll have to spend the afternoon looking through the Award threads to find it. :)

adharcric

International Coach
Richard, Sean and co ... I think it's time for me to step down from the panel, this time permanently. Earlier it was college life, now it's the job and in all honesty, reading through threads just to find the best post is no longer a priority - I just don't have the time for it. It's been a great experience but you'll be better served with someone who actually has the time and the interest.

Last edited: