• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 25-31 May 2008

archie mac

International Coach
Richard, Sean and co ... I think it's time for me to step down from the panel, this time permanently. Earlier it was college life, now it's the job and in all honesty, reading through threads just to find the best post is no longer a priority - I just don't have the time for it. It's been a great experience but you'll be better served with someone who actually has the time and the interest.
No worries mate, thanks for all of the help:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shame, really is. I understand though, not always possible to keep up with CW. Times do change.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh, and I've been congratulated for passing 8k three weeks in a row. I don't mind the back-slapping like but thought y'all might like to know

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thinking this through, I had just three Awards sent me last week, and as I was as bus\laz y as most, I think it's best we just have a mini-session for 2nd - 8th June, so as not to let those who did make the effort have their efforts go to waste. So here we are...

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
CW Awards for 2nd-8th June 2008

Best Of The Best

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: SJS for this. Sean thinks "I may be biased, but this is my sort of thread".

The Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week)
Will he ever live down that “I intend to make them grovel” prediction re- the West Indies in 1976?
And the Winner is: chalky for this, and we also mention Steulen who agreed. No, of course, I didn't myself, completely predicted that nine-for. :ph34r:

The Agarkar/Mohammed Award (“At least they’re trying” award)
Just like Ajit Agarkar and Dave Mohammed, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them.
And the Winner is: fredfertang, SJS thinks "a most welcome addition to CW. I hope he stays longer and if he does, he will surely, and quickly, graduate in awards from the Agarkar/Mohammad to the Sir Geoffrey". I heartily agree.

Please remember, these Awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)